At my wits end with this pedal

Welcome first off...
You purchased the best you can buy so congratulations !
There is a learning curve its like flying the space shuttle. The more time you put in the more you get back out.
You will be out of your mind happy when you get this going..
I went through this same thing and hired someone who had patience and drove 2 hours to get to me each time
so I compensated him for it and it was worth every cent and Id do it again tomorrow if I had too.
Teach a man to fish....

This applies here READ READ READ the manual and wiki is your friend here..
You have the best of the best there is and the team at Fas is top shelf and if you approach with respect
and patience you will win the day cause everyone will help you get it going...

If you have M@ Helping and you do, your in the best company already
relax do exactly as they suggest here and you will get this...

Trust me if this old man here can get it and learn it and fly it then you can.

It just takes a while to become a Jedi or Zen Master so your in the right place.
You will be most pleased when you get it the pay off will make you quite pleased...

Dont get frustrated...this is a complicated machine to fly but when your flying you wont want to ever go back or stop.
You got this you just have to learn the tricks and procedures. Once you do and you get it setup working,
after awhile you will blow through making patches and saving and moving them around where you want.

I was taught how to do everything from the front panel Then got axe edit going just to know how as
you might not have axe edit at a gig with you and so its good to know both..

Peace you got this just some hurdles to leap first and then you will be flying in no time..

Tex
Thanks for your reassuring words and I appreciate anyones help wish you could send that dude around to my place and do it for me but your right when you say to LEARN how to do it yourself its always the best way. Just frustrates me all the techie stuff I just want to play thats what I do. :)

Hi thanks for reply heres my set-up MFC-101 MARK 3 and Axe-Fx II XL+ they're connected using FASLINK. I must have changed something while trying to use it with the manual so will just do a factory reset and then try and see if that fixes it as you have said it should show 5 selectable presets down bottom switches 1-5 is that right?

As stated above, the factory defaults should do the job with your gear.

Don't forget you have to check both sides (MFC and Axe-Fx) to make it work.

- On the MFC, perform the procedure with switch #11.
- On the Axe-Fx, go into the Utility menu, scroll to Reset and press Enter.

factory reset and then try and see if that fixes it as you have said it should show 5 selectable presets down bottom switches 1-5 is that right?

Just make sure you understand that there is a "programming offset" that you need to consider. Preset 1-5 will be Preset 000-004 on both the AFX and MFC unless you enable offset for both Axe-FX and MFC. Watch the vids, take your time, you'll find that it is the fastest and greatest midi controller to complete your FAS experience.

What you are trying to do is extremely simple. Assuming you haven't already, follow along with this tutorial. If you don't have it set up after that then, yes, you should probably send it back.

Austin

Hi again Austin I have watched this video and before it I did factory default on both machines Axe Fx 2 and MC 101 and went thru al settings with him and its working the best it has yet but still not like in the video. each bank has 1 preset in it on switch one if I click any other switch 2 -5 the display on the MC 101 says scene 2 scene 3 for each corresponding switch and the little scene box on the Axe effects changes scene numbers as I click the buttons where as in the video it changes PRESETS. Do you know why its doing that and what setting is making it change scenes and not presets?

As stated above, the factory defaults should do the job with your gear.

Don't forget you have to check both sides (MFC and Axe-Fx) to make it work.

- On the MFC, perform the procedure with switch #11.
- On the Axe-Fx, go into the Utility menu, scroll to Reset and press Enter.
Hey thanks yes have done that. Its kinda half working now still not changing presets but changing scenes on bottom 5 switches

I thought your post here was really funny, as I am going through almost the EXACT SAME process you are right now, too. Thanks for asking the question in the way you did, because I was going to ask it that way, too! :)
Cool I not the only one. I have managed to get it all working now was so frustrated for a week or so but after spending quality time with it was worth it to get going hope your set up is working. :)

Great! I was just going to wait for you to fly over here to north Texas, and just program mine for me!!!

Back
Top Bottom