At my wits end with this pedal

Clawed

I have spent countless hours trying to work out how to get this thing going with Axe FX 2 and the MC 101 midi controller and feel you need to be a friggen rocket scieb=ntist to get it going. All I want to be able to do is have 5 frigenn patches in front of me thats all I friggen want and do you think the manual tells you this. It tells you how to make a SPACECRAFT but not how to simply have 5 sounds at your feet its a friggen joke and I am close to sending it back. I can't believe they would not have this already set in the factory as its the most common use for an effects pedal to have patches in front of you as I said I have spent hours and tried so many things and still the first 5 switches do friggen NOTHING nor do the patches change on the MC 101 when I change them on the Axe FX I am so frustrated with it all.

You might want to start by stating your friggen problem --- what did you do and what is not working? FWIW, I think the factory default layout of the MFC is just what you are asking for (as far as I can guess from your description). Set it to AxeFxII mode and be done.

I have spent countless hours trying to work out how to get this thing going with Axe FX 2 and the MC 101 midi controller and feel you need to be a friggen rocket scieb=ntist to get it going. All I want to be able to do is have 5 frigenn patches in front of me thats all I friggen want and do you think the manual tells you this. It tells you how to make a SPACECRAFT but not how to simply have 5 sounds at your feet its a friggen joke and I am close to sending it back. I can't believe they would not have this already set in the factory as its the most common use for an effects pedal to have patches in front of you as I said I have spent hours and tried so many things and still the first 5 switches do friggen NOTHING nor do the patches change on the MC 101 when I change them on the Axe FX I am so frustrated with it all.

What you are trying to do is extremely simple. Assuming you haven't already, follow along with this tutorial. If you don't have it set up after that then, yes, you should probably send it back.

Austin

Sorry you're having trouble. It should be working. When you take a factory fresh MFC-101 Mk III and Axe-Fx II XL+ out of the boxes, connect them via XLR — and then enable the FASLINK port in the XL+ as instructed on the one-page Quickstart guide, your bottom five MFC footswitches will select five Axe-Fx presets.

I'm sure lots of folks here will be happy to try to help you. Please begin by letting us know exactly which models you're using (MFC-101 and Axe-Fx II) how they're connected (MIDI, ethernet, FASLINK), and what errors you're having.

In case you bought the gear used and didn't get a quick start guide, here's a link:
http://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/manuals/mfc-101/MFC-101-Quickstart.pdf

I have spent countless hours trying to work out how to get this thing going with Axe FX 2 and the MC 101 midi controller and feel you need to be a friggen rocket scieb=ntist to get it going.

As others have stated and even M@-man stepping in on a US holiday to help shows you that this product stands above the rest. The product portfolio can be overwhelming at first, but give it time and some research, you may find that it is one of the most versatile tools in a guitar rig that you've ever used.

Two great videos that got me going right away. Try out Cooper Carter's and Chris' videos to get you going:

Hope that helps mate!

Looks to me like you are trying to combined a Friggen with a Fractal...it can be done but you have to be a rocket scientist!

Move your favorite presets on the Axe, not the MFC. I believe my video linked above discusses that.

No need to be snarky folks. We've all been there frustrated starting out learning these things (especially ones like me who had little experience with MIDI, etc.)

You've missed a step someplace. Or something is likely misconfigured. The very LAST thing I would think is something is wrong with the unit(s).

Watch the video, it's very good.

You might want to start by stating your friggen problem --- what did you do and what is not working? FWIW, I think the factory default layout of the MFC is just what you are asking for (as far as I can guess from your description). Set it to AxeFxII mode and be done.
Hi mate thanks for your answer the model I have is Axe FX 2 XL+ MC 101 MARK 3 midi controller using FASLINK and ever since I had it I have never had any presets in the bottom row of switches to be able to access gone thru manuals and can't work out why they not there. So you mentioned a DEFAULT setting I could do. Is there a setting you can restore the defaults and will this then show the presets in the bottom row when I go to PRESET MODE?

What you are trying to do is extremely simple. Assuming you haven't already, follow along with this tutorial. If you don't have it set up after that then, yes, you should probably send it back.

Austin

Yes thanks for that Maybe I need to set it back to a default factory setting. If I do that will it be set up then and should it have access to the presets after that default reset? Will definitely watch all tutorials here thanks. :)

Thanks man so where do I do that factory reset? I already have the manuals they do my head in reading them but its got to be done.

I thought your post here was really funny, as I am going through almost the EXACT SAME process you are right now, too. Thanks for asking the question in the way you did, because I was going to ask it that way, too! :)

Big breath mate….you 'll get there :). As others stated, @chris's video is very helpful. BTW, watch the other video he made too, helped me big time.

Welcome first off...
You purchased the best you can buy so congratulations !
There is a learning curve its like flying the space shuttle. The more time you put in the more you get back out.
You will be out of your mind happy when you get this going..
I went through this same thing and hired someone who had patience and drove 2 hours to get to me each time
so I compensated him for it and it was worth every cent and Id do it again tomorrow if I had too.
Teach a man to fish....

This applies here READ READ READ the manual and wiki is your friend here..
You have the best of the best there is and the team at Fas is top shelf and if you approach with respect
and patience you will win the day cause everyone will help you get it going...

If you have M@ Helping and you do, your in the best company already
relax do exactly as they suggest here and you will get this...

Trust me if this old man here can get it and learn it and fly it then you can.

It just takes a while to become a Jedi or Zen Master so your in the right place.
You will be most pleased when you get it the pay off will make you quite pleased...

Dont get frustrated...this is a complicated machine to fly but when your flying you wont want to ever go back or stop.
You got this you just have to learn the tricks and procedures. Once you do and you get it setup working,
after awhile you will blow through making patches and saving and moving them around where you want.

I was taught how to do everything from the front panel Then got axe edit going just to know how as
you might not have axe edit at a gig with you and so its good to know both..

Peace you got this just some hurdles to leap first and then you will be flying in no time..

Tex

Sorry you're having trouble. It should be working. When you take a factory fresh MFC-101 Mk III and Axe-Fx II XL+ out of the boxes, connect them via XLR — and then enable the FASLINK port in the XL+ as instructed on the one-page Quickstart guide, your bottom five MFC footswitches will select five Axe-Fx presets.

I'm sure lots of folks here will be happy to try to help you. Please begin by letting us know exactly which models you're using (MFC-101 and Axe-Fx II) how they're connected (MIDI, ethernet, FASLINK), and what errors you're having.

In case you bought the gear used and didn't get a quick start guide, here's a link:
http://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/manuals/mfc-101/MFC-101-Quickstart.pdf
Hi thanks for reply heres my set-up MFC-101 MARK 3 and Axe-Fx II XL+ they're connected using FASLINK. I must have changed something while trying to use it with the manual so will just do a factory reset and then try and see if that fixes it as you have said it should show 5 selectable presets down bottom switches 1-5 is that right?

Back
Top Bottom