Assing two simultaneous A/B channel change to one button

jjm35

Hello everyone. Here a new happy user of an FM9. For solos in songs I need to assign a button to simultaneously switch channels A and B on the AMP and A and B on the delay, which is what I normally change for soloing in my presets. It doesn't work for me to make a solo scene, as I use basic clean and dirty presets with various scenes of specific effects, so I need to be able to switch from channel A to B of the AMP and DELAY, and thus I would switch between rhythm and solo in ANY scene

laugh devil GIF

I guess it's not possible. The only way is to switch the scenes for that. Or you can also use a setlist/songs feature.

You could set a FC switch to select Channel B of the amp and then set the hold function of that switch to select Channel B of the delay, but you'd have to press quick for amp and then hold for delay and you'd need a similar switch for going back to A (also you could have the second press return to the previous amp channel and the hold could be set to toggle between Delay A and B.) I can't think of a faster way that's not setlist/songs or using a scene for that though...

Hello everyone. Here a new happy user of an FM9. For solos in songs I need to assign a button to simultaneously switch channels A and B on the AMP and A and B on the delay, which is what I normally change for soloing in my presets. It doesn't work for me to make a solo scene, as I use basic clean and dirty presets with various scenes of specific effects, so I need to be able to switch from channel A to B of the AMP and DELAY, and thus I would switch between rhythm and solo in ANY scene
Control switched can do that but there are tradeoffs.
Yeah no, as @Moke pointed out, control switches can't change channels.
Perhaps some day I'll learn to read.

There's also the idea of Channel Groups and Bypass Groups, but we don't have those. Yet, I hope :)

Last edited:
The lack of this feature caused me to choose the mastermind over the FC-12, since I like having a button to change both the AMP and CAB channels.

You should be able to accomplish this using two Amp blocks and two Delay blocks instead of channels. Then use a single Control Switch to toggle between both Amps and Delays at once, independent of scenes.

Or use two scenes to do the Amp/Delay switching. And setup your affects on individual switches, with 'Scene Ignore' on, Or set them up in a few groups attached to a few Control Switches, or a combination of Control Switches and individual switches.

Use scenes. I have often wished for a way to do what you want with one switch, because I primarily use scenes to switch amp channels. So I only use 4 scenes for cleanish to to whatever my highest gain is. I use channel toggles for delays and reverb. It would be great if a per preset channel toggle could be assigned to more than 1 block.

What if in the CC menu you set the amp channel to CC#1, set the delay channel to the same CC, set a CS to send that CC, and connected a cable from the midi out to the midi in?

What if in the CC menu you set the amp channel to CC#1, set the delay channel to the same CC, set a CS to send that CC, and connected a cable from the midi out to the midi in?
Yes... This isn't the first time it's been proposed and some have used this midi "loopback" trick.

Back
Top Bottom