Assigning preset change to an external controller - Walkthrough needed :)

Abboehm

Hi
I just bought the Expansion Module from Roadrunner, and I'm VERY slowing learning how to assign effects to the switches (thx for the help eveyrbody)

Last thing I need to sort out, is how to asssign presets to the switches.

I have currently 4 different presets on the MFC, but I would like to know how to add another four to the expansion module/external controller

When I go to the I/O > Ctrl , I only see "effects"; Volume increase/decrease, or scene changes, not actual presets or the numbers 1-380 that would correspond to the many presets of the Axe FX.

So how do I make the 4 switches act as presets change?

Please if I could get a step by step walkthrough (yes, I am THAT dumb - and I have already read the manual as well as searched on wiki)
and I'm still not getting the MIDI-talk (CC, PC, CH .... )

Thx for the help :)

External switches connected to the MFC, cannot be used to switch presets (MIDI Program Changes).

You can only send them MIDI C(ontrol) C(hange)s, used to changes other settings or turn individual fx on/off.

@Yek What about Send Hex in MFC, can such functions be set for external switches? Perhaps a bit overwhelming for OP, but if possible then certainly doable in his case since he just wanted 4 presets.

Last edited:
Maybe a little more information on what you are trying to do would be helpful. You can change the bank size on the MFC to 10 or even 15 and have instant access to those presets. Increasing the bank size decreases the number of switches available for control changes.

Well I was going to put the 4 presets on my Expansion Module, because I wouldn't need the LED to check what preset was chosen. I would easily be able to hear it. Also I would prefer the tab/tempo to be closest to my feet, but I have 6 presets that I use often.

Anyway - I got it all sorted now.
Thanks for the help :)

Back
Top Bottom