Ask for a sound and I do it for You

Thanks for doing this Marco.

I'm another one in the "not a lot of playing time" camp. I rarely watch hour long videos, by anyone, in any language. (Agree your English is fine.)

I'd be more likely to show up if I could go directly to a shorter segment about a specific topic I'm interested in.

It could also be that there were a bunch of requests and if someone doesn’t know ahead of time that their video or tone question will be covered, they may not want to watch the whole liveStream in anticipation. Maybe you could pick a few ahead of time?

eh.... you are right but...
the new life style is "5 minutes to do everything"!!
"play like Van Halen in 5 minutes"
"Become a F1 pilot in 5 minutes"

I am too old.... ahahah :D

In any case I need to be sure the language is a problem or not.
If yes makes no sense to continue because I am too old to improve my english :D

Thank you for your comment!!
Your English is excellent as is Marco, no issues there!

Thanks so much for posting this idea Marco and for everything you do for the guitarist community. Your English totally fine; there is no language barrier here. I have no idea what it takes for something to be successful online, but I say just keep following your instincts. Even if the first video had low participation, it could just take a little time to get traction. It may just take more time for enough people to realize you're doing this new thing, and it will hopefully catch on after a few videos.

From my perspective, your English is NOT an issue! As for live streams, as dynamic as that may be, I and many others may not have that specific time slot available and/or may not be interested in 90% of what gets covered. Based on those factors, I would highly recommend 5 minute (or even less) videos of how to capture tone A, or tone B, etc. This is not "I want to learn to play like EVH in 5 minutes", it is more about how do I get my guitar to sound like EVH in that one song using FAS products. I think most would be happy to pay for such a service as well, I know I would if I had any interest in sounding exactly like anyone else. Your contributions to this community are stellar and do not let this lack of participation in that live stream sway your beliefs on that! Thank you for all you do!!

I am going to agree with the shorter videos.
I personally feel you could get to the point quicker in some of your videos. Maybe have a longer video only if the subject needs it (like to explain how the edge gets his delays just right, for instance), but keep the rest pretty short sweet, and to the point of the tone chasing. I am busy and work at my studio and mix albums and only get a certain amount of time to view things like videos to help increase my knowledge and sitting through something that is 1 hour long with 4 things that are not relevant to what I am looking for is something I will just skip rather than trying to wait to find where you hit what it was I was looking for.

This is no insult to you because you do a great job, I think a good few think the same things here, and I might just be a little more blunt and to the point about it. If I did insult, I apologize as that is not the intent. Think of it like trying to help you find the correct format and timing for these things. Nothing is perfect the first time around, just keep trying.

I think it safe to say, your English is fine Marco.

Both Cooper Carter and Leon Todd do the 5 minute tone thing and I think it's because they have realized that in this day and age that's about the attention span of most people surfing around the net.

I love watching you play, but for me it's mainly the timezone difference which limits my ability to watch live stream videos and it's a very rare occasion I'll last an hour on anything on the net.

Anyway just keep on doing what you do because you do it well!

Same here Marco. I've always been a big fan of your patches, but unfortunately, I don't currently live off my music, so I do need a day job, and it's keeping me very busy... so combine that with the band rehearsals, gym for my daughter and hockey with my son...

I simply do not have the time to commit 1.5hres to a live stream (as much as I would love to!)

Cheers,
Joce

eh.... you are right but...
the new life style is "5 minutes to do everything"!!
"play like Van Halen in 5 minutes"
"Become a F1 pilot in 5 minutes"

I am too old.... ahahah :D

In any case I need to be sure the language is a problem or not.
If yes makes no sense to continue because I am too old to improve my english :D

Thank you for your comment!!
Your English is totally ok. And you have a lot of good content and knowledge. The main issue is to search through 1 hour of a stream to get to the right spots and find all the information.
All content nowadays is so edited and scripted and fully produced everywhere that we have become too impatient to listen to a more free form video. Just the unfortunate reality of today.

Either way, whatever you are doing is appreciated, this is just a suggestion if you are looking to get more casual viewers in.

Grazie !

uhm... interesting... lot of requests but very low participation on the live stream and very few views...
I wonder if the format makes sense or not.
I think so, but the language barrier is a problem, my english is poor.
I think english people prefer native speakers like Leon or Cooper.
Isn't it? What is your opinion?
Thank you
Don't worry Marco , your English is fine and I know what I'm talking about (I'm a French Canadian from Quebec);)

Your English is totally ok. And you have a lot of good content and knowledge. The main issue is to search through 1 hour of a stream to get to the right spots and find all the information.
All content nowadays is so edited and scripted and fully produced everywhere that we have become too impatient to listen to a more free form video. Just the unfortunate reality of today.

Either way, whatever you are doing is appreciated, this is just a suggestion if you are looking to get more casual viewers in.

Grazie !

your sentence is the truth...
Just the unfortunate reality of today.
I am not able to squeeze years and years of knowledge in 5 minutes.
To reproduce a specific sound I think is better to explain the entire process if you want to improve the skills.

Thank you

Hi maestro! First of all, you are one hell of a player and extremely passionate, lot's of repsect for that!

One of the main challenges with product development is to find the customer fit. What problems to solve for the customer, needs, pains, gains, ... and opposite of that what you are going to deliver as a product or service. I don't think that language would/should be much of an issue here, although italian natives would prefer italian, french natives french, english/american ...... It could also be that southern european people talk a lot more and extensively, and I know in my culture (the Netherlands) we tend to keep things direct and to the point. So we tend to loose interest if there is too much talking.

Question is, also going through the list of wishes above, are people just looking for "I tell you what tone I want, you give it to me, I'll pay for it!" or are people looking at developing the skills to get better everyday in creating/building your own tones. I think these two groups are mixed up now.
I would gladly opt for both options, and if you want my attention to the second one then you need to grab my attention more with shorter video. Shorter storyline: intro about the musician, sound and what gear used as reference --> build the sound in short chapters of amp/cab/effects/lead/rythmn --> outro and tell what's up next time, link to preset :) Leave interaction till the end for Q&A, so people need to sit out till the end if they want to learn more.

Maybe even throw in one of your favorite solo licks and teach us (as you are a great Lukather fan ;-) )

I don't think it necessarily has to be in 5 minutes. I liked seeing the whole process from scratch, and just learning from how you approach dialing in the tones. If it takes 15 mins or half an hour, that's fine. I would just chop the stream into separate videos, one with the Extreme song, one with Ritchie Blackmore, etc.

uhm... interesting... lot of requests but very low participation on the live stream and very few views...
I wonder if the format makes sense or not.
I think so, but the language barrier is a problem, my english is poor.
I think english people prefer native speakers like Leon or Cooper.
Isn't it? What is your opinion?
Thank you
No problem for your English, it is very good and everybody probably likes that Italian accent. al

Also the thematics that you cover are useful and mostly not covered by others or not so detailed. I'd love to spend more time to see your videos.

But I do have a life, work, rehearsals and also like and need to actually play my guitar rather than regarding others do so.
Thus when going on the internet I have to choose, like so many of us I guess, and unfortunately and difficultly can find more than an hour a week to look at your (very fine and much appreciated) videos, that's how it is.

Marco, your English is fine!
Your content is fine!
If I have time I watch your channel/ streams but almost never live!

On the subject of tone:
Nuno Bettencourt his live tone on the song Am I ever gonna change, I love that sound and delay settings of all the different parts

tank you for your hints
generally I notice very low participation compared to Italian Live streams tutorial, even online and offline.
This is the reason I believe it is a language issue

It could be exactly the opposite. There is much less material online in Italian, that's why you have more interest there, compared to the channels in English. Maybe you have to think completely different, don't take the Italian stream as a reference. Make a concept from scratch, that could liberate you and give you some fresh wind. I wish you a lot of success.

Back
Top Bottom