As of May 2019, what are the current fave Axe-Fx III FRFR cabs?

@chris are you using these with backing tracks or drum machine/loops or are you just using them for guitar and vocals?
Both situations. Again, it’s just an 8” so the bass won’t shake the world, but it sounds full and present, no bogging down within reasonable settings. I tend to not mix so much low frequency to begin with, just enough for that “pillow” to envelope the overall sound.

Both situations. Again, it’s just an 8” so the bass won’t shake the world, but it sounds full and present, no bogging down within reasonable settings. I tend to not mix so much low frequency to begin with, just enough for that “pillow” to envelope the overall sound.
Thanks for the reply @chris

Would a single Matrix 112 cab be loud enough over a drummer in just a jam environment? I want something that's not wedge shaped as I want to use it more like a traditional cab, so I'm having trouble deciding on what to get to accomplish that. I don't gig, but I want an FRFR solution I can bring to jams rather than a poweramp and cab.

The 112 Matrix would be loud enough, I had the 110 and had no problem at jams. I would however, recommend the Friedman ASC-10 over the Matrix, it just sounds better, hits harder, and feels more like a traditional cob.

jbl srx series...powerful, accurate...the ability to tune the cabs to your own liking...EQ...compression...easily. Two separate inputs...
I'm definately going to test out the JBL SRX835P and the RCF NX12 and maybe the Atomic CLR (I'm not impressed by their piss poor support) whereas JBL is a big dog brand with high quality.

Back
Top Bottom