1. We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

As of May 2019, what are the current fave Axe-Fx III FRFR cabs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Banana Democracy, May 17, 2019.

1. Banana Democracy

Banana Democracy
    Expand Collapse
    Regular

If you don’t mind, I love lists, sarchives, information, libraries, all types of info ....I’m an info junkies, so I guess that means a nerd?

Even still, I am proud of that, so learning how this complex system works is very satisfying , it’s hard enough to keep you tame but tinutive and so easy work flow, don’t you guys think?

Now I love my monitors, and with the Multi out I can send to 4 FRFR studio monitors (bx8a and the JBL ) but I just wants something like my atomic neo because I heave a bad back and the lower weight of 15 lbs made a difference

So what are you current small, medium, and semi large cabs? What is your too pick over all number 1, and what is the best cab for your money? Meaning most wattage and clarity for true fidelity at a lower price point thean others (like alsesis makes am@ing stuff)

I’ll try to put a poll ! I’m really interest3d in learning what changes happened over the past 5+ yeasts in modeling !
    Thanks for the time and replies

2. unix-guy

unix-guy
    Expand Collapse
    Legend!

3. Banana Democracy

Banana Democracy
    Expand Collapse
    Regular

A appreciate the UTFSE , but I was going for more of tiered question. There no best, but best within categories or price points

I was asking for 1-250$ what is your fave, for $250 to $500 and of course 500-750/999.?
    So I am assuming the FRFR would be watt: price:size correspondence but size is different

Some of the best small things are horrible in big form and the worst small things run great big.

I for example used to think Atomic Neo Clr is the best FRFR, but that’s well over $1000....honestly I don’t think it’s worth that much money when there are other options in the three or four tiers outinee above

So if it’s not favored to have a comparative empirical thread then apologies for tryin to make a wiki type comparison (I can do my own research , just wanted to ask y U guys directly , but NP)

Thanks either way

4. unix-guy

unix-guy
    Expand Collapse
    Legend!

The reason I posted the search is that this is a very common question...

The answers don't change much over time.

I've used Xitone passive wedges for years. They're great.

I've played through Mission Gemini 2 and AccuGroove Latte passive as well. Both also sound great.

Banana Democracy likes this.
  5. PBGas

PBGas
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

I am using a Friedman ASM-10 and an ASC-10. Love the sound from both of them!

6. wcfieldskx

wcfieldskx
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

For the price, Yamaha DXR10

7. chris

chris
    Expand Collapse
    Legend!

CP8
    CLR
    DXR10 or DXR12
    RCF NX12SMA

8. pauliusmm

pauliusmm
    Expand Collapse
    Fractal Fanatic

Headrush cabs seem to have good reviews. Im tempted to get one myself.

9. Fro68

Fro68
    Expand Collapse
    Regular

Xitone.