As of May 2019, what are the current fave Axe-Fx III FRFR cabs?

If you don’t mind, I love lists, sarchives, information, libraries, all types of info ....I’m an info junkies, so I guess that means a nerd?

Even still, I am proud of that, so learning how this complex system works is very satisfying , it’s hard enough to keep you tame but tinutive and so easy work flow, don’t you guys think?

Now I love my monitors, and with the Multi out I can send to 4 FRFR studio monitors (bx8a and the JBL ) but I just wants something like my atomic neo because I heave a bad back and the lower weight of 15 lbs made a difference

So what are you current small, medium, and semi large cabs? What is your too pick over all number 1, and what is the best cab for your money? Meaning most wattage and clarity for true fidelity at a lower price point thean others (like alsesis makes am@ing stuff)

I’ll try to put a poll ! I’m really interest3d in learning what changes happened over the past 5+ yeasts in modeling !
Thanks for the time and replies

A appreciate the UTFSE , but I was going for more of tiered question. There no best, but best within categories or price points

I was asking for 1-250$ what is your fave, for $250 to $500 and of course 500-750/999.?
So I am assuming the FRFR would be watt: price:size correspondence but size is different

Some of the best small things are horrible in big form and the worst small things run great big.

I for example used to think Atomic Neo Clr is the best FRFR, but that’s well over $1000....honestly I don’t think it’s worth that much money when there are other options in the three or four tiers outinee above

So if it’s not favored to have a comparative empirical thread then apologies for tryin to make a wiki type comparison (I can do my own research , just wanted to ask y U guys directly , but NP)

Thanks either way

The reason I posted the search is that this is a very common question...

The answers don't change much over time.

I've used Xitone passive wedges for years. They're great.

I've played through Mission Gemini 2 and AccuGroove Latte passive as well. Both also sound great.

I had (myself or tried):

FBT Verve 12mA (unusable without heavy EQ)
QSC K10 (workable, but far from nice)
RCF NX12 (and 10) SMA (good)
Dynacord AXM12a (great)
Mission Gemini (unusable and shrill, I suspect it was broken)
BlueAmps Spark (ok but overly hyped here in Germany IMO)
Atomic CLR MkII (by far the best, more or less perfect).

When people say the Friedmans have "punch" or cab-like qualities I suspect that takes away from the linearity that FRFR should have IMO. But I haven't tried them myself yet...

I've not had any hands on experience with the CP8. How does it compare to heavier duty options like the K10.2 or DXR10?
The k series feels like it has more “raw power” of that makes any sense. But the CP8s are really great for an 8” speaker. I actually feel that the lows and highs are less hyped compared to the K, which I dialed out like crazy when I used a pair of K10s.

CP8 is my go to speaker lately.

The k series feels like it has more “raw power” of that makes any sense. But the CP8s are really great for an 8” speaker. I actually feel that the lows and highs are less hyped compared to the K, which I dialed out like crazy when I used a pair of K10s.

CP8 is my go to speaker lately.
Sounds like the CP8 might be a good option for me. Can a single CP8 achieve the mythical level of loudness needed to be heard over a drummer when used as a personal floor wedge monitor?

Other guitar player in my band started with Friedman ASM12. It sounded great, but he switched to a CLR like me after a few months. Friedman colors the sound -- mostly in a good way -- and it weighs more.

Sounds like the CP8 might be a good option for me. Can a single CP8 achieve the mythical level of loudness needed to be heard over a drummer when used as a personal floor wedge monitor?
probably not. just 8" of speaker trying to do the job of more. i use a pair most of the time for stereo monitors, not volume necessarily. but used as mains, it filled a typical restaurant with maybe 200 people? not like body shaking levels, but "present" enough. i had the speaker volume at nominal/zero, and my mixer at unity too.

it's just an 8. i'd suggest the 12s for drums, especially if you're trying to get a single speaker to work. still not sure if that would do it. totally depends on exactly what you're doing, how much low-end content, etc. most music stores should have them to try out.

Our rhythm guitarist is using a CP8 to monitor his AX8 and vocals etc. It seems to do well with our loudness level with drums. Depending on your band if you just need it as a personal monitor it may be a good fit

Would a single Matrix 112 cab be loud enough over a drummer in just a jam environment? I want something that's not wedge shaped as I want to use it more like a traditional cab, so I'm having trouble deciding on what to get to accomplish that. I don't gig, but I want an FRFR solution I can bring to jams rather than a poweramp and cab.

Back
Top Bottom