Artificial sound in dirty Axe FX II soundclips..

I listened to dozens of clips over two or three years, truly believed the Axe II was not $1800 better than my HD500, maybe not even $500 better. Heard one in person, ordered mine the same week. You can't rely on clips, no matter how well done IMO. You have to experience it. Maybe someone else said the same thing - I didn't read the entire thread. All I'm saying - it's the best money I've ever spent on guitar gear (been gigging for 40 years continually).

This is the video that sold me. It was with firmware 9.02 which is what I use. I switched back. I've owned mesas, marshalls, an engl and I've played through many more and the axe fx II kill them all.

I have to agree that hands down the Axe FX II is the BEST investment I have ever made in music gear I my 22 years of playing. I can say that while still having a hard time with V10(though I admittedly haven't spent the appropriate time with it). That being said the Axe FX II just isn't for everyone, I agonized over the purchase of mine so I can understand the Ops hesitation. Here are some facts I think need to be considered.

1-the Axe FX isn't just a plug and play unit, it takes tweaking, auditioning and learning to yield its power.
2-the unit (especially now) is very accurate, even to a fault at times.
3-its responsive to the input, meaning the true character what is fed into it is going to shine through (including guitars, pedals, playing etc)
4-you gotta listen with your ears truly, the eyes sometimes gives us preconceived notions as to what we think we should hear. That being said its astounding sometimes when you listen to raw guitar tracks from PROFESSIONAL recordings that we have known, loved & listened to for years. I have learned that alot of recordings I thought were untouchable in tone really don't hold up that well alone, messy, muddy dirty tones, noise, hell out of tune sometimes.

For me and for the money & more the Axe FX II is the best thing on the market. But again its not for everybody.

Yeah !
The axe dumbles have their pre tonestacks bypassed.
The same goes for the fuschs amp.

I don't like that bypass-business.

Have you tried

*Originally Posted by*austinbuddy:
As it says in the release notes, with FW10 the BludoOjai was MIMIC'd with the pre-amp boost ON. Cliff says you can also switch the tone stack to SkyLine instead of default to get close to sound of the amp with the preamp boost OFF.

For the Axe Dumble ODS:

Just a side note:By default, the tonestack location is set on "post gain" - to get the full tonal benefits of a "non HRM" model, put it on "pre gain" :)

I didnt figure out how to make quotes from another post but this is the thread these are from

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-discussion/67218-v10-bludotone-ojai.html#post828279

Robben Ford "Peace On My Mind" Rockpalast 2007 - YouTube

If someone would be able to coax this tone out of the axe fx 2, that would definitely be what I'm looking for..

All of the dumble patches I've heard so far sounded more like a caricature of a Dumble. Very honky mids, little highs and lows and a lot of compression.

I hope you guys get what I'm saying ?

I really want to like the Axe 2, it would make my life much easier, but I haven't heard anything that could make me take the plunge yet.

Have you heard this:

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...-noodle-clip-featuring-bassguy-65-ods100.html

I can't help you with the preset, but:

OK, most of you got it wrong. Amp is 1st in both clips.
icon_biggrin.gif

Don't feel bad.. Dave Friedman actually guessed wrong too, on the BE clip.... and it's his baby!

Source: HRI

I would consider being able to fool the designer of the amp (when they already had a 50/50 chance to begin with) to be pretty convincing.

Ok ! :)

But what is bludo oja ?

Have you tried

*Originally Posted by*austinbuddy:
As it says in the release notes, with FW10 the BludoOjai was MIMIC'd with the pre-amp boost ON. Cliff says you can also switch the tone stack to SkyLine instead of default to get close to sound of the amp with the preamp boost OFF.

For the Axe Dumble ODS:

Just a side note:By default, the tonestack location is set on "post gain" - to get the full tonal benefits of a "non HRM" model, put it on "pre gain" :)

I didnt figure out how to make quotes from another post but this is the thread these are from

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-discussion/67218-v10-bludotone-ojai.html#post828279

Amp list?
BLUDOJAI CLEAN Bludotone Ojai The Ojai is reported to be an exact clone of Robben Ford's Tan Dumble.® Clean channel.
BLUDOJAI LEAD Bludotone Ojai Lead channel of the Ojai.

Back
Top Bottom