Arpeggiator/Sequencer Help Needed.

biggness

Power User
If I have two Synth blocks, or a Synth and Pitch block, and want to sequence or arpeggiate them like this, how would I go about doing it?

Cmaj7 Chord
C - Synth 1
E - Synth 1
G - Synth 1
B - Synth 2
C - Synth 1

Or any combination of above notes and Synth 1&2, or Pitch 1&2?

I got the idea when watching a movie last night and heard a synth arpeggiate a Major7 chord and one of the notes was totally different in timbre. And I liked it. Lol

I made a reminder in phone to mess with it before bed, but didn't really have any luck.

I even thought about adding a delay with mix at 100% before the signal path I want the different note(s) on to delay that note while the Sequencer/Arpeggiator steps through the other notes, but the timing seems like it would tricky.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

How can I have a different synth tone play one particular note in an arpeggiated chord? Or every other note played? Or any combination of notes divided between two different synth signal paths?

Set a synth voice's shift modifier up so a range of sequencer values like 0-50% gets all the notes you need from that voice. Then assign seq. as modifier for level of both voices with steep opposing slopes somewhere past 50%. Then when the sequencer value is high enough (say 100%) you hear the second voice at the fixed B pitch.

You could also modify voice 2's pitch with the volume switch happening around 50%, or extend this approach to 3 or more voices.

Set a synth voice's shift modifier up so a range of sequencer values like 0-50% gets all the notes you need from that voice. Then assign seq. as modifier for level of both voices with steep opposing slopes somewhere past 50%. Then when the sequencer value is high enough (say 100%) you hear the second voice at the fixed B pitch.

You could also modify voice 2's pitch with the volume switch happening around 50%, or extend this approach to 3 or more voices.
That's a really genius idea, if I understand it correctly. Much appreciated!

I'm going to try this after the dentist.

don't forget that you can use the duty parameter on the square wave to get some nice changes in timbre. try attaching it to an lfo or the sequencer with all sliders at the same position except one.
another idea might be to try running the synth into the arpeggiator (in the pitch block). use a modifier to change between voice 1 and voice 2 in the synth block and have them set to different waveforms

don't forget that you can use the duty parameter on the square wave to get some nice changes in timbre. try attaching it to an lfo or the sequencer with all sliders at the same position except one.
another idea might be to try running the synth into the arpeggiator (in the pitch block). use a modifier to change between voice 1 and voice 2 in the synth block and have them set to different waveforms
Thanks, Simeon. The history books will favor you well with your effects knowledge. Truly remarkable.

and definitely use a synced delay. dotted 8ths and 1/4 notes works well as a start, but some of the other subdivisions can be interesting. the dual delay is your friend here for stereo goodness

and definitely use a synced delay. dotted 8ths and 1/4 notes works well as a start, but some of the other subdivisions can be interesting. the dual delay is your friend here for stereo goodness
Thanks for all your help! I'll give it a whirl.

Back
Top Bottom