Are you running out of User IR slots? Here's a solution!

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor
I run into people with this problem all the time in here. II users are even upgrading to an XL because of this.

There's a very simple and cheap solution: CAB-LAB 3.

You will not need over 100 IRs for a gig. You can audition all Cab Packs easier with CL3 and create you own mixes on the fly.

Cab Pack 13 comes with over 200 IRs. I don't expect you to load them all into your Axe-Fx for auditioning. I expect you to use Cab-Lab 3.

Do it! Now!

I just bought Pack 13 and put them in my folder with all the Fractal Cab Packs - and to my surprise found I have purchased 7 of them !

Still saving for an XL (I'm on a II) but sure wish I could free up some of the Factory cabs even though Cliff is doing a great job including newer UR IRs with each fw release.

By the way didn't they actually used to say "UR" or were italized or something to denote UR ?

Now that I started using it... I think CAB-LAB 3 is really essential. I have every cab pack and some, so to me it just makes navigating (auditioning) it all much easier. Plus so many other features.

If your into using IR's, it's worth it. If not, you're really missing out on so many spectrums of sounds.

I'm trying to get it all Mr. Sound Lab, selling everything I own, to get into this stuff. I have gone over the edge, lol.
I'll even be selling guitars today too, which I NEVER do. What can I say, I'm hooked and not looking back.

I bought Cab Lab 3, and in 20 minutes made an hybrid mix of Cab Pack 13 and OH Mesa V3 (V30-CH-08 ) and I haven't used anything else for a couple of weeks.

Bought the stand alone version a couple of months back and haven't had much success with it. Can't seem to get the latency down to a usable level. As with the Axe's, there's a certain learning curve associated with effective use of the product and I'm certain I just need to spend more time with the manual and the app to realize its full potential. Others are reporting excellent results using it so I need to carve out some time to dig in.

For pure auditioning i found Al Grenadines AxeFxSend to be the fastest tool. Just set your cab slot to Scratchpad, and either loop through all cabs in folder by time/file or manually by using arrow on keyboard. So easy and fast!

Hi
OK you started the curiosity factor, I have cab lab 2 but when I saw a tutorial on Axe Edit was using edit to audition IR's from a folder.
The only thing that irritated me was the loading time of the IR when stepping through auditioning IRs about 5 - 10 sec ( didn't time it so can't be that bad LOL )
Obviously this was a comms thing between the laptop ( win 8 connected via USB ) and the FXII

can anybody else comment on the delay in IR update in either edit or CL3

looking forward to any thoughts

G \../

Anyone using Cablab in Pro Tools HD 11 or 12? If so, how did you get it to work?
I would love the ability to use it in Pro Tools as a plugin.

Anyone using Cablab in Pro Tools HD 11 or 12? If so, how did you get it to work?
I would love the ability to use it in Pro Tools as a plugin.
Put the Cab-Lab plugin into the Pro Tools plugin folder.

G'day,
If it didn't have ilock I would already own it....I have the earlier version without iilock though.

Thanks
Pauly

I run into people with this problem all the time in here. II users are even upgrading to an XL because of this.

There's a very simple and cheap solution: CAB-LAB 3.

You will not need over 100 IRs for a gig. You can audition all Cab Packs easier with CL3 and create you own mixes on the fly.

Cab Pack 13 comes with over 200 IRs. I don't expect you to load them all into your Axe-Fx for auditioning. I expect you to use Cab-Lab 3.

Do it! Now!

Back
Top Bottom