• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Are FullRes IRs just for AITR sounds?

Se7en

Inspired
I have many IRs in the format 48kHz-24bit 500ms and I want to compare to the UltraRes 170ms which I already have on my AxeFx.
How do I convert?
Is it just drag & drop the ir-file to scratchpad and it converts to a fullres (500ms)?
I just did a test of that with ML-MEGA-DJENT-MIX-DJENT and I didn't hear anything different when listening through my Adam A7X.

Last edited:

ertan

Inspired
I'm using close mic mixes only. 500ms seems to me like it has less fizz. I like them more.

SinglecutGuy

Inspired
To be honest, of the few I've tried, I don't like the sound. I think it's an incredibly cool concept, and I'm sure there is use for them in a recording context, but I feel like overall it muddies up the sound by allowing that long of a capture sound to come in. It's more loose than it is tight.

Now, that's probably because I tend to air more on the gain side of things, and maybe the AITR sound is better for a clean/od situation. But overall, I'm not digging the FullRes thing.

trb

Experienced
AFX3 Mk1 here. Just tried it, and...hmmm... not convinced for my home use. I found not that much difference with the reverb block well parameterized as exposed in a thread.
It's a tonal option, and that's great. To be used according to our tastes :)

DougB415

Inspired
I can hear it (AITR) more when I record than I do when I have I’m just playing live. What a surprise! But it’s not a gimmick; just needs refinement.

normanaj

Inspired
To be honest, of the few I've tried, I don't like the sound. I think it's an incredibly cool concept, and I'm sure there is use for them in a recording context, but I feel like overall it muddies up the sound by allowing that long of a capture sound to come in. It's more loose than it is tight.

Now, that's probably because I tend to air more on the gain side of things, and maybe the AITR sound is better for a clean/od situation. But overall, I'm not digging the FullRes thing.
For me its about how great they sounds via headphones. It's like listening to a guitarist in a great room. I wouldn't use it in a dense recording for reasons you mentioned but I see it working great with few instruments, solo practicing etc.

Top Bottom