Are FullRes IRs just for AITR sounds?

I have many IRs in the format 48kHz-24bit 500ms and I want to compare to the UltraRes 170ms which I already have on my AxeFx.
How do I convert?
Is it just drag & drop the ir-file to scratchpad and it converts to a fullres (500ms)?
I just did a test of that with ML-MEGA-DJENT-MIX-DJENT and I didn't hear anything different when listening through my Adam A7X.

Last edited:
I'm using close mic mixes only. 500ms seems to me like it has less fizz. I like them more.

To be honest, of the few I've tried, I don't like the sound. I think it's an incredibly cool concept, and I'm sure there is use for them in a recording context, but I feel like overall it muddies up the sound by allowing that long of a capture sound to come in. It's more loose than it is tight.

Now, that's probably because I tend to air more on the gain side of things, and maybe the AITR sound is better for a clean/od situation. But overall, I'm not digging the FullRes thing.

AFX3 Mk1 here. Just tried it, and...hmmm... not convinced for my home use. I found not that much difference with the reverb block well parameterized as exposed in a thread.
It's a tonal option, and that's great. To be used according to our tastes :)

I can hear it (AITR) more when I record than I do when I have I’m just playing live. What a surprise! But it’s not a gimmick; just needs refinement.

To be honest, of the few I've tried, I don't like the sound. I think it's an incredibly cool concept, and I'm sure there is use for them in a recording context, but I feel like overall it muddies up the sound by allowing that long of a capture sound to come in. It's more loose than it is tight.

Now, that's probably because I tend to air more on the gain side of things, and maybe the AITR sound is better for a clean/od situation. But overall, I'm not digging the FullRes thing.
For me its about how great they sounds via headphones. It's like listening to a guitarist in a great room. I wouldn't use it in a dense recording for reasons you mentioned but I see it working great with few instruments, solo practicing etc.

Back
Top Bottom