Are any of the Cameron models of Mark Cameron built amps?

Chris Hurley

Power User
Can't remember seeing this and I haven't been able to find the answer when searching...

Are any of the Cameron models in the Fractal based on amps that Mark Cameron built, as opposed to the Brad King production series? As the story goes, Mark was associated with the production amps but the situation fell apart and all parties essentially blamed the others. I seem to recall that Mark later claimed to have intentionally held back on the design information he supplied.

I don't know how much if any truth there is to the actual Mark amps being better- My suspicion is that Mark hand tweaks whatever he builds until he likes it so that variances in component tolerance or other issues that might show up in a production amp don't really occur. I would assume these are "1%" type differences (like tube rolling) where you have to accumulate a few of them for it to really matter.

I notice there is an actual Mark Cameron amp for sale on the place that shall not be named.

I wonder what it would take to get Mark to cooperate on an official model like Carol-Ann- but then would he hold back on that haha. Just thoughts...

Can't remember seeing this and I haven't been able to find the answer when searching...

Are any of the Cameron models in the Fractal based on amps that Mark Cameron built, as opposed to the Brad King production series? As the story goes, Mark was associated with the production amps but the situation fell apart and all parties essentially blamed the others. I seem to recall that Mark later claimed to have intentionally held back on the design information he supplied.

I don't know how much if any truth there is to the actual Mark amps being better- My suspicion is that Mark hand tweaks whatever he builds until he likes it so that variances in component tolerance or other issues that might show up in a production amp don't really occur. I would assume these are "1%" type differences (like tube rolling) where you have to accumulate a few of them for it to really matter.

I notice there is an actual Mark Cameron amp for sale on the place that shall not be named.

I wonder what it would take to get Mark to cooperate on an official model like Carol-Ann- but then would he hold back on that haha. Just thoughts...
I rather have a Mezzabarba any day.

Back
Top Bottom