Are all Furman power conditioners compatible with the Axe FX 2?

Hey guys. I'm currently in the process of purchasing a Furman power conditioner. Both to help reduce EMI interference with the Axe FX, as well as protect the Axe FX and my other gear from power spikes. Anyway, I know there are a bunch of version of the rack mounted power conditioners, and I'm just wondering if buying one or the other matters, or if there are any special requirements for a power conditioner to work with the Axe FX. I don't wanna buy something wrong then blow up the unit and have to pay for another Axe FX.

Furman PL-8C here. I think they are all fine.

I sencond that. love it. They go hand in hand, meant to be etc. at least by the looks :D

20121019_142212.jpg

20121018_200332.jpg

Last edited:
I sencond that. love it. They go hand in hand, meant to be etc. at leats by the looks :D

I notice the Vox Tone Lab SE on the floor. How do you like it and how are you utilizing it for your needs?
I picked one up as a backup but yet to setup any patches.

I've yet to set it up for FRFR etc. too, because I'm waiting to buy a FRFR monitor first. I use it as a floorboard for my axe-fx. midi "MCF"-style. works great for that and it's got two expressionpedals both usable for that too :)

Whatever Furman model - place it on top in the rack. It radiates electrical noice from the top and not the bottom.

Whatever Furman model - place it on top in the rack. It radiates electrical noice from the top and not the bottom.

Really? I did not know that. It makes sense to have it on the top if you look at the lights anyways. you can't turn the lights to beam upwards.

Just read it in another forum. And again - it's quiet logical to have the lights pointing downwards ;-)

Another thing is, that the Axe has the same protection to sudden spikes as a Furman or other brand. But I'm not 100% sure. It just look good in the rack and acts like fab. power-distributor. (GAS, maybe).

The same scenario if you go frfr with powered speakers. Don't spare on line-cables and if your can and use shielded mains-cables if you use a stereo-setup.

Back
Top Bottom