Wish Arcade Mode Graphics for Axe Edit 3!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RackAddict

Previous handle "Djenter"
While this is not as important as the flippable 32 band graphic EQ/10-band parametric eq request I made, I was wondering if you guys can program an option to go into Arcade mode graphics for Axe Edit 3.

Its the option to flip everything into this nice stage or studio with the amps, racks, pedals, cabs, and all effects displayed on a wooden or other studio or concrete floor as the pictures of the units reminiscent of the ones modeled. Similar to how graphics are layed out in various software amp sims like TH3. (I will explain how this can be implemented efficiently with involvement the IR manufacturer community [picture of the mics on whatever cabs] at the end of this posting.

While I can live without this wish. I find that after a while in axe edit 3, things tend to get a bit dark and blacked out. And thats not neccessarily bad, its a very nice layout. But mankind continues to want options. Especially those of us who just want more.

So picture an "Arcade Mode" button, flipping everyting to be layed out as pictures similar to the blocks being modeled. But without brand names. (Tread plate is one,example, or just a green od pedal that says "screamer")..
A basic arcade version of the entire block system with only the most common controls on units and no deep edit parameters. If you click on the Block, the basic panel comes up. If you click on a small "Pro Mode"cbutton, you just go back into the block as normal. Same for going back to the grid layout modes from "full Rig arcade mode" .

and now, for the biggest challenge: Impulse Responses. But needed for those wanting a more graphical way of moving mics around.
so without any programming templates: starting to assign for all IRs, just a basic generic mic on a very generic cab, with the following perpetual implementations updating per version of axe edit 3:

- the IR cab developer community can be provided with these options or tags from fractal to add to their IRs such as mic graphic, cab color, cab size (with oversize options), tolex color, grille or speaker cloth, and mic position placing it in a spot they believe may be the best location.
-or the cab,IR developers can log into some graphic programming database if and when they please to log-in and update graphical attributes selecting from the menus of pre-existing cab graphics, tolex, grille.
-but if the implementations are not done, it can just remain as a basic generic graphic till they get updated by the community.

Just a suggestion.
But I would rather get my wish of that 32 band EQ and 10 band parametric.

Last edited:
Skeumorphic UI, while fun, does not really offer any real benefit. At best a small icon with a facsimile of the real device similar to what Line6 Helix shows would add some value because I at least need to trawl through the wiki to figure out which overdrive pedals are which if their names are not obvious.

I would love to see a better system for handling cab sims because let's face it, a glorified file browser is a terrible way to handle a cabinet. NeuralDSP Quad Cortex's system of virtual mics you can move around with your finger is a very nice way to adjust the sound without knowing much about mics and positioning but that would require a complete overhaul of the Fractal cab block which tends to have maybe a handful of variations per mic rather than blending a pile of IRs together.

Even NeuralDSP don't offer this sort of system for 3rd party IRs because the way to do it would be awkward as it would need to have some very specific naming schemes etc, making it very fragile for end users to do themselves.

Personally I like this type of graphical interface. This was a 3rd party software editor for the Boss GT-10 guitar multi-effects unit. This old software still runs on my 2014 Mac Mini (and it can rescale the graphics to full screen!!!). The stomp functions, knobs, sliders, lights... are all functional and a double click takes you to the advanced parameters. The pedals are drag and drop for positioning. It only had 2 parallel paths and no scenes.
The nice thing about the current AxeEdit GUI is it directly reflects the AxeFX GUI so new users only have one interface to learn. I don't think it's practical for AxeEdit to ever get an interface like this... but it sure would be cool :)
1622416714124.png

Very valid points.
I also favor production of quality and real content over visual supplementation any day myself.
I just didnt think it was much work to add the option if delegated as a the Open-source department of axe-edit where it could have many contributors, and hence Fractal allowing themselves to delegate the tasks extrernally as open source, and maybe as a,secondary supplemental beta version of each subsequent Axe Edit release.

Or maybe even as plug-ins to axe-edit.

But maybe its not worth it after all. Line 6 doesnt even do it anymore. At least not in Helix or Helix edit. And I dont even know if Pod Farm versions are still around.

I guess all I was saying was that Arcade mode would be fun.

All it does is suck CPU time from somewhere, I agree it looks pretty but it just bloats the software and interface.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom