Apps/Sites for finding Band Members?

Triaxis75

Inspired
Looking for good suggestions, as in...Sites, apps, or other-wise that people have had luck with recently and are still impactful. I've had the luck of a funeral director that showed up three days late. With the age of technology and it's constant improvements/changes, I've found that my old routes of travel have been overgrown with weeds. Just curious what are the most active and promising for getting in contact with musicians who want to actually play and have some aspiration to perform. Any help or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

I found two band members recently via Reddit, more specifically the subreddit for the city I live in. If you live in or near a major city, that would be a good bet.

Craigslist has always worked for me. Though I’m reconsidering that approach now that I’m in NH. Craigslist isn’t as vibrant here.

BandMix wasn't working at all. I probably could've put more into but the pay-to-play type business model that it had was a real turn off. Was looking for other musicians...not a future Ukrainian wife. Craigslist has hilarious postings sometimes. Person posting as a singer said they wanted a "serious" guitarist and said they should probably own a Les Paul. That statement alone...facepalming...should their first and last name be Slash too? Iunno.. silliness. I guess I'm venting haha. The other side of that is when you ask for a play list and they have all obscure B-side songs. I have most of the albums and ask..."The entire LP is filled with hits, why that one?>"...The drummer can play that one. :expressionless::expressionless::expressionless:

Oh well, its funny taking a step back and looking at it. It feels like karma for cutting the Kiss Logo in the front yard with the lawnmower when i was told to cut the grass the first time. Simple request, less than stellar results.

Back
Top Bottom