Apple Imusic menu system BLOWS!

iTunes peaked in usability for musicians ages ago. It’s consistently devolved over time, and if you have to ask the question, you’ve likely not followed its painful demise into the rebranded mess it is now.

iTunes peaked in usability for musicians ages ago
The OP only specifically refers to the apps not necessarily its usability for musicians

and if you have to ask the question, you’ve likely not followed its painful demise into the rebranded mess it is now.
lol - okidoke, well I guess no enlightenment for those not in the know shall be found here. I'll have to just remain skeptical in my ignorance.

I've looked for alternatives but there's been a weird degeneration of the whole industry since about IOS 7 or 8. The whole thing is geared towards marketing rather than listening so it's hard to even find your own library sometimes. And the writing is tiny and misleading. Terrible.

Aren't there music sites or services that stream .wav files where they don't clip the songs down? I downloaded Green Eyed Lady from iTunes and it was all cut up, that pissed me off.

iTunes used to be a multi-window app, great for organizing thousands of personally ripped albums without worry. Then for example, they changed the taper on the volume pot to not go to zero. Etc., etc., etc. Years later files and meta data lost due to poor programming. If anyone has come up with an ideal alternative that migrates and syncs seamlessly, let us know?

Is this one of those UI things I just don’t get?

I’ve been using Apple Music for around a decade, occasionally they’ll move the search button or something and my muscle memory needs re-training, but outside of that I never have a problem finding what I’m looking for. The only real gripe I have, which I’m not even sure is an Apple issue, is almost every album that’s a remaster has varying track volumes on the same album. I was listening to a Lamb Of God album the other day and when the next song came on I almost blew my ears out.

Is this one of those UI things I just don’t get?

I’ve been using Apple Music for around a decade, occasionally they’ll move the search button or something and my muscle memory needs re-training, but outside of that I never have a problem finding what I’m looking for. The only real gripe I have, which I’m not even sure is an Apple issue, is almost every album that’s a remaster has varying track volumes on the same album. I was listening to a Lamb Of God album the other day and when the next song came on I almost blew my ears out.
Lots to say about the possibilities but make sure you have Sound Check loudness normalization turned on or any loudness war victimized album is liable to do this.

Not puffing chest. Just saying last time I listened to the same song on both formats, Apple sounded better. Take that for what it is worth....
And I provided a way for you to objectively test if your perception is due to differences in encoding quality or something else.

Are you certain you had Spotify set to the maximum quality?

And I provided a way for you to objectively test if your perception is due to differences in encoding quality or something else.

Are you certain you had Spotify set to the maximum quality?
I did and this was a couple years ago. Maybe things are equal now???

Does the OP have any suggestions as to how to improve the apps, or is this just a case of complaining about something wrong? If the former, please state them. If the latter, how does complaining help the OP personally?

Personally, I'm all for this:

4dcTZdl.jpg

I can't find any quality settings in the Spotify Android app. Am I being dumb, or does it just do the best quality it can, nothing to set?

Don’t know. I run it on a PC and an iPhone. I would think the android would have it. I have a paid subscription, maybe that’s why.

Back
Top Bottom