Anyone with Sysex message knowledge?

EricBic

I've been considering building a mobile version of AX8-Edit, i have a fairly good idea of how to achieve it technically but need help deciphering the Sysex messages Fractal uses. Anyone that knows how they work and wants to help out?

Hej Shane!

Thats great, I plan to start coding in July and I'll definitely get in touch with you then to try to make sense of some of these messages.

If I recall, for AxeFx you can just run midi-ox / midiloop to grab the communication to see what part of sysex message is changed as you use Axe-Edit. Sure it's the same for AX8

Anyhow, been awhile since tinkered it but pm guifarm, he picked up support for lemur template and he may be willing to provide a quick run down.

Cheers

Great, I'll get in touch with him as well. Yes, Ive been capturing the stream of sysex messages using Midi Monitor on Osx.

Good luck with this, it will be a royal pain in the a** to keep up to date with the breakneck pace FW updates touch the parameters in the blocks; without direct support from the manufacturer. AE lags FW and it is maintained internally with detailed knowledge of internals.

I have modified the Lemur template that is floating around for my own use and also did a simple Ultra controller in an iOS app called MIDI Controller Pro. I have also written two stand alone midi preset editors for much simpler hardware in the past by reverse engineering their sysex format. So I have general knowledge of this task type as well as Axe specific knowledge.

AlGrenadine's Fractool is probably the most impressive user created Fractal Sysex related tool I have seen to date. He might be a good contact as well as the Lemur guy.

The pages smfelton cites were absolutely critical for making any progress in understanding the Lemur stuff or the MCP config. Highly recommended.

Yeah I don't expect it to be simple but can hopefully figure out an architecture that will allow easy updates as well as supporting multiple firmware version. I just really want to be able to make changes with just a tablet or phone

Back
Top Bottom