Anyone want TWO free Blackback IRs?

Thanks a lot for these IR's, Justin.
They sound very balanced - also with low gain on the Friedmann Amps - I prefer the first one you´ve posted.
I´m just doing a recording, will post it tomorrow night.

But - if the SingleIR sounds so good - who will still need a cabpack of it....?

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for this IR's, Justin.
They sound very balanced - also with low gain on the Friedmann Amps - I prefer the first one you´ve posted.
I´m just doing a recording, will post it tomorrow night.

But - if the SingleIR sounds so good - who will still need a cabpack of it....?
You're welcome, and I'm glad you're enjoying these. The single 57 samples may be all you need if you like the vibe of this cab. Personally, I'm ready to hear more mics on it. I think the vintage 57, Telefunken 421, e906, and 121 are going to sound fantastic. I may go deep with the mic selection, but haven't decided yet.

Here´s a recording which I did with these both IR´s and the Friedmann BE V2.
The second IR from the bottom left speaker makes the sound more soft, the solosound in the middlepart seems to disappeare.

The Rhythm guitars and the Introsolo are really low gain between 1- 2,7 with the TR 57, more Mastervolume helped to come alive.

Guitar was my Gibson Les Paul DC with Amber 59 PU.

Last edited:
finally had a chance to try these. Superb!!! thank you!
Thanks for stopping by and for the kind words. I've been really liking the 57 BL IR for rhythm tones. I've always been a V30 fan and never realized that what I really needed was a '74 Blackback for that perfect vintage/modern vibe.

I love these blackback irs I use these live ,i cant wait for some more of these irs.i have and mid 70's Tan Marshall cab with blackback in it
Would love to get some irs of that cab .Gary

Thanks for stopping by and for the kind words. I've been really liking the 57 BL IR for rhythm tones. I've always been a V30 fan and never realized that what I really needed was a '74 Blackback for that perfect vintage/modern vibe.
I too have always been a V30 fan. a couple of years back I sold off a quad of 74 blackbacks from my marshall cab. Worst mistake I ever made! Thinking back now I really loved the sound of them, and it blended really well with my Mesa Recto 4X12 with mesa V30's. Still kickin myself in the ass for that impulse decision.

The 57 BL IR is fantastic. This works so good with the Marshall type amps I've tried it with so far. Sounds really good paired with the 59 Baseman model as well.

Thanks for sharing these.

Back
Top Bottom