Anyone using String Joy Strings?

Tried the 9-42 on my Charvel for a while, really liked the 9-12-15 rather than the traditional 9-11-16 for the top 3. Immediately stopped overbending the B string since it didn't feel so floppy. Not overly bright but "balanced" tonally, held tune, seemed to last well (I wipe down with string lube after every session).

The only reason I stopped using them was I just want the slick coating that Elixir's have so I always switch back in spite of liking tension feel of the Stringjoy (and other balanced strings) better.

Tried the 9-42 on my Charvel for a while, really liked the 9-12-15 rather than the traditional 9-11-16 for the top 3. Immediately stopped overbending the B string since it didn't feel so floppy.

The 9-12-15 thing also helps with balancing string volumes a bit, giving the B a bit more oomph and backing the G off a bit. Helpful with fixed pole pieces....

I used NYXL's for a long time, and loved them. I don't think they make a 9.5-46 set; if they did, I'd go with whichever I could get for cheaper.
I'm using the NYXL 9.5-44 set now. SJ has 9.5-46, so pretty close to the same.

Tried for a while but could justify the business model price point for my needs. I find the tone and durability to be a negligible difference between my tired and true EB strings. However, if you are in need of a custom set of string gauges then StringJoy is an excellent choice.

I use 10/52 I like them, but they are a bit pricey. I use them for gigs and the rest of the guitars get bulk GHS

I just saw they have a coated string now, I'm gonna give 'em a go. I know it's not the same slick sleeve as Elixir, but might be worth a shot.

Back
Top Bottom