Anyone using EV1 with their Ultra

mwd

Power User
If anyone is using the EV1 with their Ultra would it be possible to get setup instructions. Clear ones... suitable for an old man...

I am about to pull my hair out. I have inserted the Wah block, set pedal 1 to continuous, calibrated the pedal which seemed to do nothing but I can't get this thing to work.

I started having some success but I guess I whacked the preset because it clips now and I can't bypass the wah in the up position.

Can anyone step by step me thru this? Thank you.

What results are you getting?

You're using a TRS cable, right?

Yes on the TRS. Wah won't shut off at top range. Clip light comes on as i use it. Sounds horrible.

Yes on the TRS. Wah won't shut off at top range. Clip light comes on as i use it. Sounds horrible.
Clip light? Lower the level on the amp. Clip light means you're clipping. Don't do that. :)

You want the wah to bypass on toe-down. Am I reading that right?

Rex I got it. Thank you. The preset that was clipping was a copy of one that wasn't clipping. So I jacked with something setting the wrong parameters to make it clip.

I was successful in getting it to work. I recopied it and started the wah parameters from scratch. This is what I did in case it helps someone else. I had forgotten you had to set so many parameters.

I/O Pedal Continuous
Set External 1 to Pedal
Calibrate pedal

1. Add Wah Block
2. Set FMAX 2963 Hz
3. Set FMIN 226 Hz
4. Set track to 3.27
5. Res to 5.
6. Frequency: Enter: Modifier: Source: External 1
7. Damping 75ms
8. Switch to Bypass: Modifier: Source: External 1
9. Start: 46.9
10. Mid 71.7
11. Damping 71 ms

I will now go back and fine tune it so act and sound like I personally like.

Cool. I wondered about that. That is how it is set up on my XL. Any other tips let em' fly. I got these settings from a YT vid. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom