Anyone using Austin Buddy presets live?

How many in 700+ : -> Around 400 presets if I remember correctly, with most having Amp X/Y so over 700 different tones. I can get number exact later, answering all this typong on my iPhone and resting my ears after long session of leveling the Marshall bank...

How many presets can we expect in this new Dream Rigs pack?

As of now there are five banks and most presets have an Amp X/Y...some intentional blank spaces (16 slots) in each bank for a purpose... so right now about 540 presets and nearly 1000 tones.

Bank 1 is Fender, Vox, Hiwatt, Supro, Gibson

Bank 2 is all the Marshalls, Friedman BE and HBE, plus Atomica

Bank 3 is all the Class A amps (or no negativve feedback amps) auch as Matchless and then the Dumble style and boutique amps like Trainwrecks

Bank 4 is modern and modern combo style amps like Suhr, Friedman Small Box and Shirley, Bogner XTC, Komet, FAS

Bank 5 is the heavy modern amps like ENGL, Diezel, Uber, Peavey EVH, FAS Modern

Just about every amp is covered with four tones. So this pack is comparable but not identical to the 1000+ Axe III Pack.

When you see the extra goodies and footswitch stuff you’ll understand.

I may do a bonus Bank with artist gig rigs like Jimmy Page, Eric Johnson, Blues Rig. If I don’t get that done before Thanksgiving then it will be available as update download in December.

The real purpose is to make it easy for YOU to audition and easily assemble your own “Dream Rigs” by finding the cleans, low gains, medium and rhythm tones, high gains and lead tones you like best and copying into your own rig slots and tailoring them to the type of guitars and playback system you use. There will be effects in the presets and a modest effects library you can audition from too.
Take my money please!!!!

Need to adjust expectations, there may be a delay from originally intended release next week.

I (and my beta team) am finding that, when using single coils, there is a little excess treble in 10.1 firmware using original amp brite cap values in Fenders, Marshalls, a few others compared to say the ARES firmware or older AX8 firmware. Mostly okay with humbuckers.

Hard to dial out with treble control alone here... Having to lower bright cap value to give alternative sound (else your single coils will ice pick your ears), or take out a little at 4kHz in amp block GEQ. So, I'm adding a single-coils only bank with those kinds of changes to compensate as well. Remember I'm trying to make most Dream Rig presets work with both humbuckers and single coils with a switch or two.

So, taking lots of time, want this to be just right. So not sure it will be done by Thanksgiving Day, but it should be ready by that weekend or Cyber-Monday is my hope.

I recently got your 700+ pack and there are some great sounds but I have noticed this excess treble thing too. Removing the bright cap helps but takes some of the character out of the patch for me. I look forward to this new single coils only bank.

Hi everyone,

So this is a kind of sneak announcement
...but it is germane to the thread topic of using AX8 presets live. While a lot of attention is being paid to the AXE-Fx III deservedly, I've not forgotten about the AX8.

I've spent the last few months and hundreds of hours developing a NEW special "Dream Rigs" TonePack.

It also records nicely too. I can't say much more just yet, but will soon, so stay tuned! Now, back to the studio...:)

Hey Austin, Any update on an ETA for the Dream Rigs? I'm home all weekend.

Back
Top Bottom