Anyone using a wireless guitar setup with the Axe-Fx III?

Good question. It’s mainly the form factor. I don’t need more boxes on the floor or in/on the rack case. And of course it has to sound good, which it does.

The new Boss stuff also looked great until I started reading complaints.

Excellent gig results so far with the XSW.

Question. Someone I know is selling a Shure ULX system for a steal. Is it worth using analog or would it just be well worth the extra cash to get the digital version?

Question. Someone I know is selling a Shure ULX system for a steal. Is it worth using analog or would it just be well worth the extra cash to get the digital version?
If the frequencies are still legal, analog can be a real bargain. I just bought a nice one for $50, and i'm crazy happy with it.

If the frequencies are still legal, analog can be a real bargain. I just bought a nice one for $50, and i'm crazy happy with it.
Yeah it’s the J1 band which is the TV frequencies. They’re still useable...unless the FCC reallocates them but that probably won’t be any time soon.

I use the Xvive U2 system and get stutter occasionally. If I put a cable between it and the wireless it is better. I have all kinds of electronics by the axe so expect it is that

Shure GLXD, with 4 bodypacks (4 different basses), I am using it for over 3 years now, no issues. I have done the test for latency (recoding via cable and wireless), not noticeable. No background noise on high gain presets.

I use the Shure which is awesome... the G10s which has been solid ...and my Sen just showed up in the mailbox! Wtf! :oops:

I haven't used a cable in about 12 years. I still use an old X2 Wireless system in my main rig. These guys were out of Sacramento and had a great product pretty early on in the digital wireless development. They sold their tech to Line 6 and that is where the G systems came from. They are long out of production, and I got a spare xmitter on ebay about 10 years ago that I still use. It still works really well, although it's a 9V battery on the xmiter and it last about 3 hours - so not the best in that department. The sound is steller though as is it's range. It is a full width single rack, but has a great visual display of battery and signal you can see from anywhere on stage. (I think I spotted one in Mark Day's rack in a video of his band, so maybe he is using one of these too.)

I bought the Carvin WG5 last year and I really like it. It sound great and seems to have good range and the battery lasts pretty well. I have not gigged with it yet, but I am considering trying it in smallish clubs. No rack unit, no cables or power adapters, no weight to speak of - no nothing. As simple as a cable, but without the cable. These days lighter and smaller is really important to me. Both systems sound great, and I have no issues with noise or dropouts and can't really tell a difference from a cable.

Bought a Sure GLXD16 a couple months back, I've been super happy with it. Allowed me to free up a switch on my board that was previously dedicated to a tuner. I like that I can leave the strobe on all the time and just pull the volume pedal back for a quick touch up if needed. I'm slightly concerned that the transmitter cable will be the first thing to fail on me (a little thin), but I imagine I can get a replacement if needed.

I second this! ^^^ I love my Shure GLXD16.

Yup, Shure GLXD-4 on a shallow rack shelf in the back of my 4u rack. Been using it for years with other gear, too, always great results.

Sounds like a good cable.

Previously had the GLXD16 w/my AX8, now the GLXD4R with the III. Both are great most of the time.

+1 for the XSW-D very convenient, dead simple to use. tastes great less filling...
I used the XSW-D last night at practice. It was flashing red after 3.5 hrs. I put it in this morning for about 45mins then died. Any helpful hints? Being lazy I would love to hook up and leave hooded up for a 4-hour gig, but now Im thinking I will have to get off my lazy butt and turn both ends off between sets. Thoughts?

I used the XSW-D last night at practice. It was flashing red after 3.5 hrs. I put it in this morning for about 45mins then died. Any helpful hints? Being lazy I would love to hook up and leave hooded up for a 4-hour gig, but now Im thinking I will have to get off my lazy butt and turn both ends off between sets. Thoughts?
For myself, I want a wireless system that can remain powered for a four-hour show and a one-hour load-in/sound check. But I’m okay with having to turn off between sets. I’d just rather not have to.

I use Sennheiser EW G4 and the batteries last about 8 hours solid.

Superb bit of kit ... BUT not all wireless kits work OK with active pickups so best to check.

Still have my Shure GLXD16 which has been discontinued. But it has worked well for me and I like the pedal interface.

Using the Shure GLXD4R. Works great. It’s 2.4Ghz , I’ve had a couple of issues at some venues when we had others on wireless IEMs, vocalists with wireless mics, multiple WiFi networks for mixers etc all competing.
Still need to figure out how it’s done when there are many wireless signals on stage.

Was using a Sennheiser 2.4 unit up until this summer. The last gig I used it at was a July 4 festival and I must’ve had 50+ dropouts in a 3 hour show. I lost count. I dumped that and went with a Sennheiser EW-D CI1 and haven’t had one dropout in four months using it. I also use a Sennheiser G4 for in-ears the past 3 years and haven’t had a single dropout. It’s the Wi-Fi units that have problems. The frequencies are overcrowded. As far as tone, I can’t tell a difference between them and a cable. And the batteries last well over 8 hours for each unit. I use rechargeables with no issues.

For what it's worth since I don't play out...I use a Xvive U2 system at home just because it's one less cable to have around. It's small, simple and rechargeable.

Very happy Shure GLDX4 user here for some years now. At home I use a cable in the front input. Never had any issues at all. Still planning for over a year to make a spare guitar to wireless cable (have all the components in house just have to solder them together).

Back
Top Bottom