ANYONE USE THIS IN A PROFESSIONAL ENVIRONMENT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here. If direct monitoring ASIO4ALL works fine, but when trying to monitor virtual instruments or real time effects the added latency was less than ideal for me. That said, I haven't tried it in a while, so the current version may be better.

I wish more DAWs would support multiple audio devices. That could avoid the issue completely.

Sorry if the initial question was unclear I'm not looking for a guide on basic i/o we're good with that. I'm looking to use the USB input/output of the AXE into the PC without the AXE hijacking our existing ASIO drivers I do not see a way to do this in your guide. Said in another way we do not require nor do we want to use the AXE as a sound card we already have one. We would like to record a wet signal from the AXE and also the DI signal at the same time, after which we can play back the DI signal back into the AXE and tweak setting to match the desired results (re-amp) the only way this appears possible is via the USB output of the AXE when the USB of the AXE is connected it automatically takes over the ASIO drivers of our system. Yes we can get this to work but only if we allow the AXE to function as the sound card ( in Windows with ASIO there can only be one at a time) this doesn't work for us as we require our primary sound card to be enabled so we can hear playback etc. Also I get we can configure this via analog i/o using a DI box etc. The point is we're looking for a way to do it via the AXE's USB i/o AND maintain use of our current ASIO drivers.
Stop insisting on using USB for this, it's going to require aggregate devices via ASIO4All on Windows and that can introduce more problems than it solves.

Just hook up the Axe-Fx via SPDIF or analog I/O to your preferred audio interface.

I've been using the AFIII as a mixing tool for quite a while, and it is awesome for that purpose. As mentioned, there is no way to use the USB ASIO of the AFIII and the ASIO driver of your interface simultaneously in a DAW, except for ASIO4ALL. Though the ASIO4ALL driver does allow for multiple ASIO devices to be used together inside your DAW, I my case it limits the i/o of my primary interface to 8x8 (instead of 32x32), so it really doesn't gain me anything. Depending on the i/o of your interface and your situation, you may not need more than the combined 8x8 of the AFIII and 8x8 of whatever interface you're using.

The best solution is for Fractal to include ADAT lightpipe i/o on the next gen AF, which can slave it to the primary interface. I'll be the first in line to buy....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom