Anyone use a RAC12 with MFC-101, LF+ or Mastermind GT?

GotMetalBoy

Power User
I'm on the waiting list for the next batch of RAC12 controllers but have a few questions. Anyone use a RAC12 with a FAS MFC-101, FAMC LF+ or RJM Mastermind GT? The RAC12 support has been great and replied to multiple email questions I had super fast. I just have a few more questions and thought I'd ask them on here just in case anyone else has the same questions.

Below are descriptions of different setup scenarios and I'm kind of confused how I would connect all the MIDI and power cables to and from the Axe-Fx II, RAC12 and MIDI Foot Controllers and wondering if Total Sync would still work with everything connected?

I have a FAS Axe-Fx II Mark I, MFC-101 Mark I and FAMC LF+ Pro+ and I have them setup for Total Sync which means the MIDI controllers show the Preset Names and IA on/off states in real-time for all my Presets and Scenes. When I use my MFC-101 Mark I, it's connected with a network cable to my Axe-Fx II Mark I, so all the power and MIDI IN/OUT goes through the one cable. When I use my LF+ Pro+, I power it w/ the power adapter and connect a 5pin MIDI cable to my LF+ Pro+ MIDI OUT to my Axe-Fx II Mark I MIDI IN. I may be buying a RJM Mastermind GT/22 to replace my LF+ Pro+ and MFC-101 but I'd buy the Phantom Power adapter box with it and connect the power adapter to the Phantom Power adapter box and then a 7pin MIDI cable from the Mastermind GT/22 MIDI OUT to the Phantom Power adapter box MIDI IN and then connect a 5pin MIDI cable to the Phantom Power adapter box MIDI OUT to my Axe-Fx II Mark I MIDI IN.

I'm using the RAC12 with a GT/22.

It works. Make sure you get the phantom power box with MIDI IN, MIDI OUT, and Phantom out.
That's the one RJM makes for the Kemper.

My MFC is connected via CAT5 network cable and the RAC 12 is connected via midi cable, works well, seems that none is influenced by the other. There is nothing to think about when you turn off one or disconnect it, perfect.

Back
Top Bottom