Anyone still using a tube amp?

I sold all my tube amps since getting the FM9. But lately I've been thinking about getting another tube amp. Does anyone still use tube amps now and then, or do most just use their Fractal?
I still use my Dr. Z Maz 18 about 20% of the time for quick throw and go gigs with poor sound guys lol. The FM3 with IEMs 80% of the time. I love both options. Now that I have a Freyette Powerstation I’m thinking of using that with the FM3 into a cab, just need a cab or lug the Dr Z and use as a cab.

I still use my Dr. Z Maz 18 about 20% of the time for quick throw and go gigs with poor sound guys lol. The FM3 with IEMs 80% of the time. I love both options. Now that I have a Freyette Powerstation I’m thinking of using that with the FM3 into a cab, just need a cab or lug the Dr Z and use as a cab.
Power stations are incredible. On another forum I have said several times knowing what I know now the ps100 would have been my third piece of gear after my first guitar and tube amp. Hook that FM right up to it and enjoy!

I used to have one of those TC triple delays. Those are really cool.

I used to have one of those TC triple delays. Those are really cool.
I use it to copy other delays like I have a boss dd-6 and the delay is set up for welcome to the jungle and I copied it to the triple delay but the boss dd-6 seems more warmer and fuller than the triple delay. I also have one of the switches to a pan delay set up like in this song even though I can't understand what they are saying I like the delays. .

Nope, I don't get along with them anymore. Maybe someday but not in the foreseeable future.

Certainly NEVER want to go back to any kind of tap dancing with pedals, not even an amp footswitch to change channels either...it would have to integrate with the FC12 or MIDI controller easily somehow as a requirement (JP with his custom 2C+Axe kind of rig) and would have to be stereo because mono is really hard to go back to.

Axe FX and FRFR - preset, Scene, Setlist, bouncy-cool-stereo-effects for me > anything.
Flexible, easy-to-use, sounds killer, and the price is right.

I have a modded Mesa Roadster head I’ll never part with. Best amp I’ve ever owned. I plan to keep my Mesa Triple Crown TC-100 and Stiletto Deuce II, The DSL is already sold, and I gave my Mini Recto to a good friend of mine’s son who’s just getting started with the guitar.

Dom

Back
Top Bottom