Anyone seeing Buckethead on this year's tour?

@Muad'zin I agree if he went the modeling route it would save him a bit, but he would probably need two of those Meyer FRFR to push the same amount of air around him, which he would have to haul because most backline rental places don't have them due to lack of demand. If he had to haul four 4x12 cabs to get the same kind of thump on stage , then the modelers are not saving him much. The volume he pushes on stage is glorious and frightening at the same time.

But compared to the amount of gear most acts at his level need to haul in terms of other members' gear too, he travels relatively light. Even in terms of guitarists featured on Rig Rundown, 4 instruments, 1 pedal board, and two amp stacks is still kind of lean in comparison.

You may think it light, I still find it ridiculously heavy. I thought that I used to travel heavy with 1 big pedal board, 4 guitars and 2 combo amps. Took up a hell of a lot of space both on stage and in the car. As for having to push air around, I reckon that's a personal thing, I always did without that even back then, placing my amps as far back as possible, so as to not get any air. I wasn't that keen on getting unwanted feedback. Can't monitor speakers move that air for him?

Back
Top Bottom