Anyone know the bottom screw sizes for MFC-101 & BOSS FV-500

GotMetalBoy

Power User
I want to attach my MFC-101 & BOSS FV-500 to a 1/4" thick board but will need to buy longer bottom screws.

I think the MFC-101 screws are M3.5 x 60 but I don't know the BOSS FV-500 size.

You could always check the thread pitch with a vernier caliper and measure for example over 10 threads and divide by 10. (since its hard to measure that fine pitch over just two threads.
Also measure the diameter and compare to metric thread-tables to see if you got any match.

I ended up attaching all my pedals to a piece of cardboard, so I didn't need longer screws. I cut the cardboard so it fit in my pedal case. I'm just going to put pillows on top of my pedals, so they don't move around in the case.

I did the same thing not long ago and used the same bolts from the MFC after removing the rubber feet. Those are an odd size. You might be right about the 3.5mm. I have 3 and 4 mm and it wasn't either of those. Can't remember what the Boss pedals were though. I either did the same thing or was able to find bolts an Home Depot.

I'm in the process of making a pedalboard using 3/8" thick plywood sandwiched between 2 pieces of 1/16" black ABS laminate, effectively making the total thickness 1/2". First off I should mention, I got most of my hardware from Fastenal. Fastenal has turned out to be an indispensible resource for these kinds of projects (they even have black annodized hardware)!

I took the feet off the MFC and added a thin #6 washer (Fastenal SKU# 0152274) under the screw head. I used a 3.5 mm x 20 mm machine screw (Fastenal SKU# 0145079) and it worked perfectly!

I also mounted 2 Roland EV-5 pedals using #4 x 7/8" sheet metal screws (Fastenal SKU# 0142980). The EV-5s have small stick-on rubber feet, which I left on. Please note that the plastic body of the EV-5 strips easily, so be sure to hand tighten screws only. Added a thin #4 washer (Fastenal SKU# 0152272) under the screw head.

Also mounted 2 Mission Expression Pedals but left the feet on since one of them has a battery compartment for the SP-1 LED option. I used 6-32 x 1 1/8" machine screws (Fastenal SKU# 28830), which seemed a tad too fat but they worked fine. Used a thin #6 washer (Fastenal SKU# 0152274) under the screw head. If you don't have a battery door to contend with and you want to take the feet off, you could use 6-32 x 7/8" (Fastenal SKU# 0143717).

And, I had some small Hammond boxes painted up from Pedal Parts Plus to select Scenes 1 through 4. I wired them up myself and mounted them to the board using 6-32 x 7/8" machine screws (Fastenal SKU# 28822). Used a thin #6 washer (Fastenal SKU# 0152274) under the screw head.

I will post pics when I'm finished. If anyone has any questions regarding hardware recommendations based on my personal experience, feel free to PM me as I've made some notes along the way.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom