Anyone Know If There's An Austin Buddy Discount for Forum Members?

Best $60 you will ever spend. Pennies when considering the time he put into creating them and the enormous amount of time you will save. Not to mention the educational value you already alluded to.

Sometimes my ears or the volume meter deceive me. It's a sanity check.

This is so true, have experienced it continually. Experience helps you stop fooling yourself when your ears want to. The frequency content of the sound can fool you on a perceived presets loudness level.

For example A clean sound can spike a meter (and be too loud) where a compressed thick tone may not - yet you may think the second tone is "louder." For some amps, Bass in particular is a culprit for meter peaks that, if you turn level down too low to compensate, your sound is not as loud and satisfying. It's science and art.

let me add some amps inputs are more dynamic or respond to transients differently than others too. A Shiva and Tweed Princeton for example will be all over the map when you try and calibrate levels depending on what pickups you use.

Last edited:
Hands down the $49 I have ever spent.

Cherry picked some of the most desirable amps in the world and a few I really love like the Lonestar, /13, and a few others.

I tweak less and play more knowing these amps are dialed in by a pro and I'm unlikely to do better.

Thanks for your hard work.

There are LOTS of very good free presets you should check out you can learn from. Look for Yek's and Leon (Ragdoll) ....and also Fremen (who also charges). I also would recommend Moke for smaller sets of paid ones -- he has a "clean to mean" set that gets good reviews. Enjoy!
And Silent underground

Been meaning to pick it up myself.....What's the score in terms of firmware updates?

I can't imagine Austin updates all those presets?

I always have, provided the Fractal firmware update is major enough to require an amp reset. I include access to three firmware versions for the original price. That can be prior firmwares as well as forwards in that calculation.

It takes a lot of time, but it is worth it. I may have to charge a small fee in the future for updates, but trying to avoid that.

Back
Top Bottom