Anyone Know If There's An Austin Buddy Discount for Forum Members?

KAM

Just wondering. I was looking at some other preset packs for around $20-35 bucks generally, and don't really need the 700 or so amps/cabs the Austin Buddy comes with. I just want some of the dialed in amps and because they say you can learn a lot about dialing in the Axe FX with their patches.

Just buy the thing, its one of the best things you can get for yer AX8

I got it last year and base a lot of my presets on it and it's cool to play around with the stuff that's not worked for me before

It's not that much considering how much the ax8 cost you and what you'll get out of it

Been meaning to pick it up myself.....What's the score in terms of firmware updates?

I can't imagine Austin updates all those presets?

Last edited:
Why not ask Buddy himself??

Well it seems like his Austin Buddy stuff has been around for a while, so I wanted to check first if there was some known discount or something that applies to forum dudes. On other forums, there are a lot of dealers who offer discounts but don't directly advertise it -- for obvious reasons of course -- so it's known around the forums but not really officially declared.

He did after the first firmware update then gives guides what to do when 9.04 arrived

Great thing he keeps the updates. I wish there was some sample presets to try out, but it sounds like he does a really meticulous job. That would save a ton of tweaking.

No discount - already sell this below what it should go for really, because i Truly want everyone to maximize the tonal arsenal from their Fractal.

When you look at this on a cost per sound/tone basis, $59 for 700 sounds or 12 cents per tone, it is far and away the best preset pack value out there in my opinion. It’s cheaper than a single real-life pedal.

I will give some thought to a smaller sub-section product for Ax8 only users maybe this summer, but first I have to finish the new axe III 1000+ version ( new tones!) and also update the Ax8 version when firmware 10.x comes out for that. When you have this many tones and Cab choices to pair, it takes time to do all that right and keep quality high. But thanks for the interest!

Last edited:
Oh but I do for each generation (not instance) of firmware... hence 8.02, 9.02 (works with 9.04) and next 10.x! And it takes a LOT of time...

Thanks AB, I've just been depping in a disco/funk band and used a few of your presets as my starting points for tone
Got loads of compliments

Op, I think there are a couple of presets on AxeChange Austinbuddy posted to try

I thought about doing a poll of existing users on their fav amps to include... but with 259 amp channels and 700 sounds eligible, it probably will be hard to coallate all responses into 20-30 universal favorites...

No discount - already sell this below what it should go for really, because i Truly want everyone to maximize the tonal arsenal from their Fractal.

When you look at this on a cost per sound/tone basis, $59 for 700 sounds or 12 cents per tone, it is far and away the best preset pack value out there in my opinion. It’s cheaper than a single real-life pedal.

I will give some thought to a smaller sub-section product for Ax8 only users maybe this summer, but first I have to finish the new axe III 1000+ version ( new tones!) and also update the Ax8 version when firmware 10.x comes out for that. When you have this many tones and Cab choices to pair, it takes time to do all that right and keep quality high. But thanks for the interest!

Understood. Unfortunately, I've blown my bankroll on my AX8 already, so I don't have another $60 to drop on a 700 preset pack. I'd probably only use 20-30 sounds once I find what I want, so I'd end up with a bunch of presets to delete. In any case, I've found some great tutorials on youtube, so I think I'll be good once I get the hang of things. Good luck with the Austin Buddy stuff and thanks for getting back to me on this.

There are LOTS of very good free presets you should check out you can learn from. Look for Yek's and Leon (Ragdoll) ....and also Fremen (who also charges). I also would recommend Moke for smaller sets of paid ones -- he has a "clean to mean" set that gets good reviews. Enjoy!

There are LOTS of very good free presets you should check out you can learn from. Look for Yek's and Leon (Ragdoll) ....and also Fremen (who also charges). I also would recommend Moke for smaller sets of paid ones -- he has a "clean to mean" set that gets good reviews. Enjoy!

Checked out Fremen, some good stuff. Thanks for the Moke suggestion. If I can sell a pedal or something, I'll buy your Austin Buddy instead. Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

Can I asked what is probably a really stupid question? Please bear in mind that I am a newbie and only had my AX8 for a couple of weeks.

Where do you put all the presets/cabs? The AX8 doesn't have enough space to load all these does it?

Can I asked what is probably a really stupid question? Please bear in mind that I am a newbie and only had my AX8 for a couple of weeks.

Where do you put all the presets/cabs? The AX8 doesn't have enough space to load all these does it?

You manage your presets and Cabs using Ax8-Edit. You can swap and re-arrange things and save stuff to your computer for later recall
Into your Ax8.

You can save and load banks using Fractal Bot OR Ax8-Edit. Check out my free 7 part video series on YouTube AustinBuddy Channel that will show you how. Hope that helps!

I'll typical load the folder that my Austin Buddy presets are in and copy over the ones I'm interested in. You do get a chance to audition one by one before saving too. So that's handy. I've got a couple of blocks of AB presets and I'll usually start to build off that preset because it's already balanced. It may not be where I want gain wise but it's a great starting point. Although now I have enough experience to start from scratch. Especially since I know where I'm headed.

The money was well spent and I haven't explored 70% amp & cab pairings included in the AB package. I also like to check my output volume against one of his presets. That way I know I'm close to -12db when it's all said and done. Sometimes my ears or the volume meter deceive me. It's a sanity check.

Back
Top Bottom