Anyone know if Lincoln Brewster's new album is the AxeFx?

I pre-ordered Lincoln Brewster's new album a few weeks ago and have yet to receive the CD, but got a digital download of the whole album yesterday. The guitar work is fantastic, some of his best to date. But the tone sounded so much better to me. His guitar patches definitely had a different openness that wasn't there before. I THINK it has to be the AxeFx and not the X3 but I was wondering if anyone closer to him knew for sure?

He's been an AxeFx user long enough for the Axe to have been in his arsenal by the time he hit the studio on this I think.

Go buy the CD, or it was released on iTunes yesterday if you get your music that way.

Re: Anyone know if Lincoln Brewster's new album is the AxeFx

guitarman19853 said:
I pre-ordered Lincoln Brewster's new album a few weeks ago and have yet to receive the CD, but got a digital download of the whole album yesterday. The guitar work is fantastic, some of his best to date. But the tone sounded so much better to me. His guitar patches definitely had a different openness that wasn't there before. I THINK it has to be the AxeFx and not the X3 but I was wondering if anyone closer to him knew for sure?

He's been an AxeFx user long enough for the Axe to have been in his arsenal by the time he hit the studio on this I think.

Go buy the CD, or it was released on iTunes yesterday if you get your music that way.

He actually doesn't use the X3 for recording, he uses Pod Farm, amp farm in the past. Pretty much the same thing though. From what line 6 stated he used Pod Farm on some of it. So that would probably mean Axe-fx on some of it.

I agree his tone sounds great on this. His solos are awesome. I like the songs/arrangments on his previous albums better though.

I thought I would get to ask him about it tonight at the CD release party. Unfortunately, he woke up ill this morning and was unable to make it for the show/release party (so there wasn't one).

I was pretty bummed after driving 2.5 hrs in brutal LA traffic to get to the location and find out it wasn't happening. But, I just hope he gets better. We'll get our answer some day.

- John

I just got the actual CD yesterday and in the book, he gives a special thanks Fractal Audio but I saw no mention of anyone from Line 6.

I'm quite bummed his tour dates listed come nowhere near me though.

Back
Top Bottom