Anyone Know Exactly what is going on with MFC in Australia?

Thanks for posting the update.
With the floods that have hit Brisbane I've been reluctant to call IM - not knowing how/if they got wet...
Richard

Hey guys, just a quick update from Andrew at IM on the status of the MFC's.

"Manufacture is complete and I've organised pick up from the factory. Just waiting for our shipping agents to get back to me with an ETA. Shouldn't be long now...."

Luckily the Brissy floods havn't affected them at all directly.

We on the European waiting list also got an email today saying that ETA is around Feb 11 in Germany (for the EU dealer) so I guess FAS getting a batch out soon for us all (hopefully all of us then)

Fingers crossed.. and stay dry you friends from down under ;)

So has anyone actually received there MFC yet?

I got the email to say they were being despatched monday, i paid for express overnight freight but as of 1pm thursday I still haven't received anything nor have I gotten a response from IM about a tracking number or whereabouts, this has been typical of the service from day one with these guys.

I've a tracking number from IM, but it is still in Aust Post land... hoping that it gets here tomorrow although with Aust Post you never know :-|

after almost 3 months since i payed for it... it's here!

IMG_0698.JPG

Now to do a neat install and label to make everything look pretty ;)

Are you using a 7-pin MIDI cable? The cable I had custom-made doesn't work :(

Also - it doesn't fit in a 2RU rack drawer which is an absolute pain seeing as I spent good money getting my rack case and drawers ready in time for this baby!

5-Pin at the moment, but will probably by a Rocktron 7-pin and power it from my rack. Shame it doesn't fit in a 2U, I really would have liked to be able to carry all my gear around in 1 rack that wasn't insanely large. I'll either have to sell my rack and buy a larger one - either a 6U or an 8U.

Be carefull with the Midi cables. I used a Rocktron 7 pin cable with my All Acess. On the MFC it doesnt work for 2 way comms. turns out that it only has 5 cores wired (which is standard on a 7 pin cable). You need all 7 to fantom power AND get comms both ways.

Short term solution is use the 7 pin you have already and attach a 5 pin from Axe Send to MFC receive. That gets it up and running. Longer term get a propper 7 core, 7 pin cable made up.

Be carefull with the Midi cables. I used a Rocktron 7 pin cable with my All Acess. On the MFC it doesnt work for 2 way comms. turns out that it only has 5 cores wired (which is standard on a 7 pin cable). You need all 7 to fantom power AND get comms both ways.

Short term solution is use the 7 pin you have already and attach a 5 pin from Axe Send to MFC receive. That gets it up and running. Longer term get a propper 7 core, 7 pin cable made up.

I have a couple of the rocktron 7 pin midi cables, I thought other users on the forum said these work fine with the MFC? I hope so, i have no idea where I would get a custom 7pin cable made otherwise.

Mine has finally arrived today......woohoo...!!
Thanks IM - they also threw in a SP-1 which I haven't paid for yet. Can't knock that service.

It is slightly bigger and heavier than expected.

Now to work out if I can fit in the 4U rack, with some custom foam inserts

I have a couple of the rocktron 7 pin midi cables, I thought other users on the forum said these work fine with the MFC? I hope so, i have no idea where I would get a custom 7pin cable made otherwise.

Scott says he uses them with no issues. Mine didnt work. it had a moulded plugs so I had to cut the wire to check the cores (no issues cos I can solder a replacement on if I need). Sure enough only 5 cores in the cable. That doesnt work for 2 way comms. Mine is an EU cable, Scotts is a US one. That really shouldnt make a difference but maybe it does. all Im saying is IF it doesnt work (Well it will power the MC and the MFC will control the Axe - you just wont get the 2 way functions) just ad a 5 pin cable to the Axe midi send and MFC midi receivce and that fix's the issue. a pain but not surmountable. ANY tech (or anyone with solder skills) can make up a 7 pin cable. You just need 2 x 7 Pin DIN plugs, and a length of cable with 7 cores. Its not specific cable as such.

Back
Top Bottom