Anyone Know Exactly what is going on with MFC in Australia?

rickgk

Experienced
I received an e-mail on the 1st of november from the aussie distributor saying that the MFC's would be available in australia on the 22nd of november and to pre-pay to reserve a unit.

I paid on the 1st of november for my unit but still nothing as of today the 8th of december, i have contacted the distributor numerous times but they don't seem to have a clue as to what is going on.

Anybody here know anything at all?

Is the factory that produces these not able to work out production schedules?

Re: Anyone Know Exactly what is going on with MFC in Austral

I'm in the same boat mate... I paid for mine the same time as you and have contacted Andrew at IM numerous times. He's been trying to contact Fractal but they havn't given him any news on when the MFCs will actually arrive (even though it was supposed to be a Nov 22 release date). I now go into 2 weeks solid of gigs ever night without a foot controller becuase I assumed that 1 month would have been more than enough time to produce the Aussie shipment (boy was I wrong!).

I do know that Andrew is just as frustrated as the rest of us (im fairly sure he's waiting on one personally too).

When I contacted them a couple of weeks back I was told the aussie units were in production now?? Fortunately I didn't pay a deposit although my name is on the WAITING list. :roll:

Yes I'm frustrated both with fractal & IM, surely the manufacturer can give reasonably accurate build schedules, and if they aren't going to meet the promised delivery times they should be letting the customers know in advance (especially if the customer has pre-paid IN FULL based on what they were told)
In fact if were not for my badgering IM I would still not have heard a single thing from them about what's going on, that's not good customer service.

rdomain said:
When I contacted them a couple of weeks back I was told the aussie units were in production now?? Fortunately I didn't pay a deposit although my name is on the WAITING list. :roll:

Not a deposit, we paid in full.

rickgk said:
rdomain said:

Yea I paid in full too... kinda annoying that you shell out almost a grand... then you sit around waiting for over a month. Although I honestly don't believe its IM's fault, I had a similar wait of my Ultra back in June.

rickgk said:
rdomain said:

Ouch.

Same boat here... paid in full, no goods.

I just spoke to Andrew today and he was informed from FAS that the units would be ready to send by Dec 20 something?? He basically said they won't be here in time for xmas.

December 20 at the earliest... he emailed me and said the units are more likely to be assembled 1st week of January... I so wouldn't expect seeing anything till mid January. :roll:

Damn. I'm really not sure about paying for one straight up without knowing when it's going to land. I might just ride it out. These release dates just get longer and longer. :?

Damo60 said:
December 20 at the earliest... he emailed me and said the units are more likely to be assembled 1st week of January... I so wouldn't expect seeing anything till mid January. :roll:

Geez, the story is changing all the time, i've heard nothing of this, nice of them to let me know.

Have they bothered to explain to any of you guys what in the world happened to the supposed 22nd of november delivery? How could they get it so wrong? It wouldn't be a big deal if it weren't for the fact that we pre-paid based on a 22nd of november delivery.
$999 would be better in my bank account right now, especially at this time of year.

Exactly $1000 is some serious cash really. Independent Music are at the mercy of FAS and their unreliable production planning it seems. I'm going to hold onto my cash I think until there's something actually there.
As for excuses, I heard the GFC was one of them but these are being made in China yeah? The US was the country that was hit by the GFC mostly. Australia hardly noticed it really. \m/

Well as of today i have still not heard anything from IM, last i heard after hassling them was they would be speaking to tom king last week.

I would have expected an email to tell me how that conversation went but no update at all from IM, not once have they contacted me about the delays of their own volition i had to hassle them for info, I think it's time to request a refund.

rickgk said:
Well as of today i have still not heard anything from IM, last i heard after hassling them was they would be speaking to tom king last week.

I would have expected an email to tell me how that conversation went but no update at all from IM, not once have they contacted me about the delays of their own volition i had to hassle them for info, I think it's time to request a refund.

I would. There's no guarantee when there'll be stock. It's a really good chance it won't be til next year. The money is better in your pocket than theirs.

I just wish they would update their website, which still says it is due 01 Dec 2010...
I think I'd be surprised if I see it before Australia day really... I am not that bothered, but I wish the communication's were better on IM's website..

Last I heard the production was supposed to be completed on the 9th jan (today) and they were airfreighting the units so they should be here this week, I'm not holding my breath.

my guess will be next week as *if* (and a big IF) the units are actually produced on time. Airfreight plus the time it will take to clear customs will most probably be more than a week.

Hey guys, just a quick update from Andrew at IM on the status of the MFC's.

"Manufacture is complete and I've organised pick up from the factory. Just waiting for our shipping agents to get back to me with an ETA. Shouldn't be long now...."

Luckily the Brissy floods havn't affected them at all directly.

Back
Top Bottom