Anyone here use a Line 6 G50 wireless unit?

Trainwreck1446

Experienced
I am using one currently... And I had some questions on how the different cable length emulation options are affecting tones at lower and higher volumes for those who are using it. Currently I just have it turned off. But I would like to know if anyone has input on how it all works in regards to the Axe FX.

All of us in my band had them - and still do - I now have the G90 as well in my rack....
...like you we have always just switched the cable emulation off...we all think it sounds better that way??

I think it may reduce the volume and perhaps change the tone? I have the g30 and once I swapped it out to use a regular cable, I instantly had a clearer and a bit louder volume... Or maybe I am high. lol

I am also not sure how this post ended up in the Lounge section... haha. Could have sworn it was in Discussion.. Maybe I got a contact high from your post hahaha

I am using one currently... And I had some questions on how the different cable length emulation options are affecting tones at lower and higher volumes for those who are using it. Currently I just have it turned off. But I would like to know if anyone has input on how it all works in regards to the Axe FX.
It's supposed to emulate the affect a long cable has on your tone (rolls off the highs a bit, as others have mentioned), presumably so that if you have to switch back to a cable for whatever reason, your rig still sounds the same. To me, the better solution is just to use the same long normal guitar cable that you'd be using anyway to hook up the wireless receiver... If it goes down or your get interference, just reach over and move the end of the cable from your receiver to your guitar. It's one easy step, and the cable emulation "issue" goes away because your signal was traveling over a long cable the whole time anyway.

I have (and love) a G50 but I couldn't tell you where I have the cable length set without checking. I don't think it's zero but I just set it where I liked its sound the best. Sometimes it's best to just trust your ears. What works for me and my setup might sound like ass for you and yours.

Back
Top Bottom