Anyone going to try the Kemper Stage?

I have a Profiler Stage arriving tomorrow. Looks like I am going to be eventually replacing both my AX8’s with two Profiler Stage. Looking forward to trying it. Not tried any Kemper gear before.

It's a different approach, that it's working better for me, I'm really enjoying my toaster. Sure I would love to have better drive/comp effects but I ended not loving AX8's ones either so I started to use some of my beloved pedals again anyway.

Eh. The Kemper Stage costs the same as a FM3 + a FC12 (at least in the US), and FM3 has much better effects and versatility. Not seeing a need for a beefed up FAS floor unit to compete with this thing.

So different in Europe: Kemper stage 1600€, FM3+FC6 1849€-1949€ and FM3+FC12 2099€-2199€ (there's still no final price for the FM3, only 1200-1300 estimation). I think they're going to be a lot of Stages sold in Europe...

It's a different approach, that it's working better for me, I'm really enjoying my toaster. Sure I would love to have better drive/comp effects but I ended not loving AX8's ones either so I started to use some of my beloved pedals again anyway.

So different in Europe: Kemper stage 1600€, FM3+FC6 1849€-1949€ and FM3+FC12 2099€-2199€ (there's still no final price for the FM3, only 1200-1300 estimation). I think they're going to be a lot of Stages sold in Europe...
While I do use the compressor for a few clean sounds live in the AX8, I never use the drives so should be fine with this.
I just want something with enough switches that I know is currently supported. Plus, being able to have my backups purely on a USB without taking my MacBook Pro to gigs will be cool.
It’s arrived. Sounds great up to now.

Last edited:
The drives have been revamped in the Axe-Fx III's Ares modeling. It was a big improvement, worth checking out again.

FWIW, from what I’ve experienced recently, the Kemper 7.0x betas for the non-Stage kempers are really buggy.

I had a Kemper toaster and was perhaps mildly interested in the Stage. But after seeing it's basically the same thing repackaged in a not-so-small floorboard with a gazillion of tiny buttons - no, thanks. Had this been a stripped down version (minus profiling capabilities, for instance) and a clear, simple layout, or even better, a 2.0 version of the technology, I might have given the Kemper world another try (as a rehearsal or backup unit).

I have a Profiler Stage arriving tomorrow. Looks like I am going to be eventually replacing both my AX8’s with two Profiler Stage. Looking forward to trying it. Not tried any Kemper gear before.

Really and not telling me ? Why would you go kemper if you haven’t tried ? 😎

Purchased one. Shows up today. Been using my AX8 for almost 3 1/2 years now. Its been great. I don't really have any issues with it, i just wanted to see what the kemper side is all about, but I'm not about to sell my other rigs and wasn't about to buy a toaster and remote and make my setup one more piece.

Purchased one. Shows up today. Been using my AX8 for almost 3 1/2 years now. Its been great. I don't really have any issues with it, i just wanted to see what the kemper side is all about, but I'm not about to sell my other rigs and wasn't about to buy a toaster and remote and make my setup one more piece.
It's been 2 weeks. How do you like it?

Back
Top Bottom