Anyone going to try the Kemper Stage?

I wouldn't get a Kemper, as that is mostly about amp modeling, with effects as an afterthought. And my musical approach is the other way around. I'm all about effects and amp modeling is not important to me. It has to be good of course, but once its good enough I no longer bother with the amp block. I got the Axe FX because I was tired of tap dancing pedals and I wanted presets. If Line 6 had a unit that could do as many effect blocks as the Axe-FX can I'd gotten a Line 6 instead, as they tend to be cheaper.

No. Kemper products, ...and, being the innovators that they are, I'm not really gonna have anything bad to say about them; but when I did the legwork in going high-end guitar processing equipment, there were just better products out there that fit my needs.

..Still interested in learning more about this new unit though! ..I do like the floor-format better.

Having said that, why put stomp switches above sensitive buttons you press with your fingers? I would be concerned that dirt from your shoes would gum-up those little buttons in no-time flat for traveling above them to activate the tuner and whatnot.. I don't know.. Something I don't like about that particular design.

Still.. I wish them the best of luck with it.

Reactions: jon
I am completely satisfied with the tone of my FAS gear. No reason to continue my quest for tone. I am too busy rocking out with my FAS gear. I’m not knocking the Kemper. I am just sayin I am getting such sweet tone that for me, I see no reason to look elsewhere.

My friend has one coming today. The plan was for a FM-3, he has a tour in Europe coming up. And wanted something small and light.
He already has Kemper and Fractal products, so he knows both.
The problem!
He got on the list pretty early for the FM-3. But there are people who were on a Ax-8 list that automatically got put on the FM-3 list so how many are ahead??
On top of that, we were told a month or two it is now three. And there has basically been radio silence, so in my friend's case he can't wait. And is also a little soured on release dates with fractal. So he has no desire to wait longer. either way he'll get what he wants out of it like I said he already owns both products knows both products so he knows what he's stepping into.

When I think of the brain damage I incurred wrapping my head around the Axe FX, my satisfaction with it and the fact that I barely scratch the surface of what the Axe FX can do, I have zero appetite to add any more clutter to that part of my world. It would have to be a game-changer to change my game.

Happy with what I have. I am pretty sure FAS got something coming up later as a big brother to the FM3. If not, this announcement should get them cracking :D
Eh. The Kemper Stage costs the same as a FM3 + a FC12 (at least in the US), and FM3 has much better effects and versatility. Not seeing a need for a beefed up FAS floor unit to compete with this thing.

I'm a maybe.
I have a Kemper Rack, and Axe III and AX8.
Kemper and Fractal both make amazing products, but for gigging, I like a simple floor solution (hence the AX8).

I'd love to have an 'upgraded' AX8 with the modelling from my Axe III....but I like the AX8 footprint (so not likely going to grab FM3).
I may wait to see what's next from Fractal...unless I run into a Floor Kemper and have a GAS attack.

I have a Profiler Stage arriving tomorrow. Looks like I am going to be eventually replacing both my AX8’s with two Profiler Stage. Looking forward to trying it. Not tried any Kemper gear before.

Eh. The Kemper Stage costs the same as a FM3 + a FC12 (at least in the US), and FM3 has much better effects and versatility. Not seeing a need for a beefed up FAS floor unit to compete with this thing.

Sure, but think I´ve seen plenty of requests/wishes for a larger unit as well also beefed up in terms of amp processing. Good times to be a player

Back
Top Bottom