Anyone familiar w/Category 5 Blues Amps?

favance

Power User
I've been looking at Category 5 amps for blues. Anyone have any experience with these amps, specifically a small blues amp? How would I replicate these amps in the Axe-FX III? Would be great if a few of these amps would be included in the Axe-FX Model list

Here's a writeup on these amps.

Their web site is under construction, so I can't look at their product line.
The link I provided provides some information on their amps. I know many are based on classic amps. But it seems like many blues artists are endorsing and using them.

I believe Joe Bonamassa had a signature model he used for awhile and pretty sure it was based on a Plexi or Silver Jubilee. There's a Category 5, with 3 other Marshall type heads, on stage for Live at Royal Albert Hall.

I believe Joe Bonamassa had a signature model he used for awhile and pretty sure it was based on a Plexi or Silver Jubilee. There's a Category 5, with 3 other Marshall type heads, on stage for Live at Royal Albert Hall.
I did a show with Joe (benefit show) that had C5 amps (sponsors) so he wanted a Twin Reverb so I had one there for him. So get this they would not let him play the Twin so he plug into the C5 and turned every knob to 10 and you can guess what his mood was. He donated his time and money and the C5 guy said no to the Twin. I also had C5 do backline at a show and half of the amps did not even work. Not a fan of the guy or his amps. Oil money can let you do anything until you are not interested in it anymore so then it is a hobby.

Tab Benoit uses 2 Category 5 amps linked together. The main amp is a 45w modeled after the Super Reverb, and the second is modeled after the Twin Reverb. He mics the front between the two amps to get a blended sounds, then mics the back of the Super Reverb for added "ambience". Then just a 72 Thinline into the amps, no pedals. Sounds pretty darm good to me. One of the reasons I might sell my FM3 when the FM9 is available is to get two amp blocks.

Back
Top Bottom