Anyone ever gotten "booked" by Afton?

piofusco

Inspired
Just got en email from this company called "Afton LCC" based in Atlanta.

"Hey Michael, I am a book representative blah blah blah I have dates at (really good venue) and (really good venue). Let me know if you would be interested in booking in the future."

My thoughts: Well duh, what band wouldn't be interested in playing at these venues. However, my band is from Auburn, Alabama :lol how the heck did this organization hear of us? We've played all of two shows. Yes, to an Atlanta crowd we might be "exotic" and "new" being from Auburn, but I doubt our two little shows brought us enough attention to justify booking us in ATL. Or maybe this is our big moment!!!!!!! :roll

The first thing I did was google - "Afton scam" and all of these forum posts came up (not specifically FAS's). I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this organization? How is this a scam? How are they making money? How were you compensated?

This smells like a pyramid scheme...:|

The first thing I did was google - "Afton scam" and all of these forum posts came up (not specifically FAS's). I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this organization? How is this a scam? How are they making money? How were you compensated?
Read some of those articles Google found for you. Your questions will be answered.

Last night I saw this re-run of 'The Office' where Andy is trying to find a talent agent to book him stuff. He meets with agent (Roseanne Barr) who agrees to take him on. Later he explains to the camera.. "most agencies will take a 10% commission for each performance, but I'm paying a flat rate of $5,000 up front. It's a WAY better deal."

I have someone who has been trying to book me from there for many months. I keep telling her I'm not interested in selling tickets to my gigs. But she keeps coming back with more offers. I've thought I might do the next one, but I have yet to pick up the phone to ask some of the guys if they want to do it. It just smells funny. I haven't looked up anything about scams though. Maybe I will.

I feel like ive been hit (and scammed) by every group out there. Afton live or something? Its one of those groups that give you some awesome idea and then charge you money up front.

I have someone who has been trying to book me from there for many months. I keep telling her I'm not interested in selling tickets to my gigs. But she keeps coming back with more offers. I've thought I might do the next one, but I have yet to pick up the phone to ask some of the guys if they want to do it. It just smells funny. I haven't looked up anything about scams though. Maybe I will.
When a salesman keeps pressuring you to make a deal after you've told him you're not interested, and it's a "great deal," investigate the company before getting your bandmates involved. You owe it to them.

They keep bugging me too, but the pay out is ridiculous. If you draw 150+ you get $1/ticket or some crap. If I draw 150 people, I get paid way more than that right now... Why on earth would I give somebody more money and than do all the work?

Back
Top Bottom