Anyone else still having issues backing up MFC?

As I said in the other thread with you I am suffering the same issue.

I want to test out MFC Edit but cannot get a dump file in order to do that. I am using a Mac, the latest fractal bot, a 5 pin midi cable that I know is fine and followed all the instructions repeatedly to no avail.

Please help fractal if you can.

As I said in the other thread with you I am suffering the same issue.

I want to test out MFC Edit but cannot get a dump file in order to do that. I am using a Mac, the latest fractal bot, a 5 pin midi cable that I know is fine and followed all the instructions repeatedly to no avail.

Please help fractal if you can.

Could you please describe in greater detail the exact nature of the failure? Which part fails? If you posted all that detail on another thread please provide the link to it and I'll take a look.

I follow every step using fractal bot and a midi
Cable on my mac (usb on, sysex off).

When I press enter on my MFC to start the process I see the MFC sending information but zero bytes are received via fractal bot. After the process is over I hit ok and fractal bot tells me nothing was received and suggests I power on my device.

Also on the MFC when I switch the midi setting from expansion port to midi I get a timeout message. Am I supposed to do this step? I tried with midi on as well with it set to expansion port and neither worked.

Thanks for your help (I was able to update my
Mfc firmware so I know my midi cable works).

I follow every step using fractal bot and a midi
Cable on my mac (usb on, sysex off).

When I press enter on my MFC to start the process I see the MFC sending information but zero bytes are received via fractal bot. After the process is over I hit ok and fractal bot tells me nothing was received and suggests I power on my device.

Also on the MFC when I switch the midi setting from expansion port to midi I get a timeout message. Am I supposed to do this step? I tried with midi on as well with it set to expansion port and neither worked.

Thanks for your help (I was able to update my
Mfc firmware so I know my midi cable works).

Exact same here. I've tried a PC and MAC, different buffer sizes, different cables etc...no go.

Well, not being there myself, and please don't be offended, but it sounds like the IN and OUT MIDI connectors are inverted. I know how exasperated and frustrated you are - I can "hear it" in your posts. If you are sure that is not the case try the snoize program. Also, one fellow told me once that the Axe-Edit USB driver isn't needed but suddenly it worked after he installed that driver? I can't explain that but anything is worth a try at this point. Again, please don't get offended - I'm just trying to help you out.

I 100% confirmed my midi wire was plugged in properly (again I successfully updated the firmware).

I do have the ethercon still plugged in to power the mfc though. I cant find the power supply!

Is that possibly my issue? If so why did my firmware update?

Thanks

I got it to work! I changed MFC port to disabled in the I/O menu and it took!

Sorry thats not in any instruction so I dont feel so dumb.

Thanks for the help guys and good luck other dude with the same issue!

Last edited:
I got it to work! I changed MFC port to disabled in the I/O menu and it took!

Sorry thats not in any instruction so I dont feel so dumb.

Thanks for the help guys and good luck other dude with the same issue!

Wow! I learn something new every day! Thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom