Anyone else Smoke in the same room as their Axe II ?

I smoke but never in my house. That's where I keep my gear... and family. :D Funny thing is, I smoke but can't stand the smell of second hand smoke. For myself, I think absolutely no one should have to breath my habit. I quit for two months once and had it beat... YUP!, I know... dumb, dumb, dumb.

I smoke but never in my house. That's where I keep my gear... and family. :D Funny thing is, I smoke but can't stand the smell of second hand smoke. For myself, I think absolutely no one should have to breath my habit. I quit for two months once and had it beat... YUP!, I know... dumb, dumb, dumb.

I know what you mean about second hand smoke... Quit for several years and started back up... even dumber...

When I used to smoke I couldn't stand the smell of second hand smoke, or stale smoke either. I also stopped for about a year and started again, it then took another couple of years till I stopped for good almost twenty years ago now. It's like I never smoked now, but it took sometime to get there.

Sorry for the slight derail, but I'd like to say I'm really encouraged to hear you guys who are saying saying you wouldn't torture others with your second hand smoke. My downstairs neighbor is literally forcing me out of an apartment I've been happy to live in for 12 years now, and she's doing it by chain-smoking cigarettes.

Does the Axe FX care about second hand smoke? You can see the accumulated tar and nicotine stains on walls/ceilings inside apartments of heavy smokers, so I'd say yeah. Also, when people sell gear they make it a point to mention whether or not it was kept in a "smoke free" environment, so people obviously consider it a factor.

I only smoke when I take a break, and then I go outside the house...
But now when I read that those harmful particles can hurt my Axe, I will start to brush my teeth and change clothes after each break...

But this leads to another question: Can fart particles also hurt electronic devices? If so, I'm really concerned that my Axe might be damaged beyond repair...:?

But this leads to another question: Can fart particles also hurt electronic devices? If so, I'm really concerned that my Axe might be damaged beyond repair...:?
No but it may be a sign of GAS, and you will need to buy more gear :lol

Seriously though, i'm not gonna smoke in the room anymore. Instead im gonna get some plants and some of that chemical good smelling stuff you plug in to the wall... but i wonder if their damaging... :p

I only smoke after a really good preset comes together...

I know...ughhhh...but I couldn't resist :D

I know the feeling after a killer patch comes together... just like after sex... maybe better. You see...I'm over 40.:roll :lol

Sorry for the slight derail, but I'd like to say I'm really encouraged to hear you guys who are saying saying you wouldn't torture others with your second hand smoke. My downstairs neighbor is literally forcing me out of an apartment I've been happy to live in for 12 years now, and she's doing it by chain-smoking cigarettes.

Does the Axe FX care about second hand smoke? You can see the accumulated tar and nicotine stains on walls/ceilings inside apartments of heavy smokers, so I'd say yeah. Also, when people sell gear they make it a point to mention whether or not it was kept in a "smoke free" environment, so people obviously consider it a factor.

ugggh I had a similar, neighbor downstairs smoked came up through my vents, I wanted to sue the landlord.

Just try to say that to Eddie VH :D

Yeah but Eddie is still using Tubes... They're Vacuum Sealed for your smoking pleasure :)

Some say you should wear a static grounding strap with IC Chips too... NEVER had one die from static, I used to drag my feet on carpet holding CMOS chips just to be a Smartie pants. Bottom line is it'll probably just make it stink a little, alot might effect the Fan... Fan cancer can lead to Brain Meltdowns...

Back
Top Bottom