Anyone else Smoke in the same room as their Axe II ?

Sidius

Just wondered as i bought one recently ...had a few cigs out the window but not in the room.. was wondering because the axe doesnt have vents as such .. should i stop???..i know i should stop cigs entirely anyway ... not good for you! :|

Well smoking is bad, but i highly doubt the Axe cares :)
It makes the guitar come to life yes but...
Omg so good finally to be the Holy nonsmoker...

I don't smoke. One of the best things I did was stop many years ago. Nowadays if you want to resell stuff cigarette smells may put off some buyers, it does with myself.

I just looked at the price of cigarettes today in the UK, based on the amount I used to smoke in a year it would now cost me £3831.36.

Good for health to stop not to mention the pocket.

To answer your question, you probably can do it, but I wouldn't. #1 it could hurt the resale value, and #2 it's a closed unit, but not entirely closed, and cigarette smoke has a nasty habit of building up residue over time on things, including electronics. I would never smoke around anything electronic simply for that reason. I smoke cigars, once in a while, but it's always away from my stuff.

Just wondered as i bought one recently ...had a few cigs out the window but not in the room.. was wondering because the axe doesnt have vents as such .. should i stop???..i know i should stop cigs entirely anyway ... not good for you! :|

Here the whole family smokes dope on a continuous basis and so far it doesn't seem to affect my pink Axe or the elephant in it.

Yeah, you can smoke freely, no problem, as long as it's weed! :D
mmmm... it even makes the sound more organic...

Last edited:
Smoking in the same room with axe-fx causes less bass, less presence, lack of dynamics and generally dull sound.

True story.

And quit smoking.

I don't smoke any more, cigarette's that is ,But my axe is always smokin when I'm playing it :D

I doubt it would hurt it. I don't smoke anymore, but I do play in some clubs with low ceilings from time to time that I am sure equates to smoking a few cigarettes by the time I come home just from breathing in there. No effect on my Ultra or II that I could detect, and because it doesn't suck air through it, I didn't detect any smell at all when I sold the Ultra after a year in service.

As a former smoker, I understand the habit, but encourage you to quit. You'll play guitar longer. :)

Not really an odd question as it is common knowledge smoke residue destroys electronics. It's the reason you can't smoke in any pro studios.

Not really an odd question as it is common knowledge smoke residue destroys electronics. It's the reason you can't smoke in any pro studios.

Particles landing on the exposed electronics can bridge the electrical connections and create short circuits. Additionally, they can react with the metal and plastic components (which often have trace amounts of chemicals on them left over from manufacturing) and cause further damage through corrosion.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom