Anyone Else Redoing Entire Rig?

rrogers

Inspired
I have decided to redo my entire rig when I get the III. I’ve been using EVs for FRFR, but I recently played through one of the Friedman’s and liked it.

I’m thinking III to two Friedman ASC-12s, along with the new foot controller when it becomes available (time to abandon the FCB-1010 when those launch.

This just seems like a natural time to upgrade everything.

The "III" looks killer!! I have just recently received my new AXE FX II XL+, but I'm not thrilled with the tones I'm getting through my Mesa JP2C and Recto 2x12 cab(granted I'm an total AXE FX rookie and just learning the ropes) but....I was VERY close to pulling the trigger on a Friedman ASC but, just purchased a Atomic CLR Neo MK II...from what everybody is saying about them i should dig it!! Best of luck!!

Only part that will change is from the II to the III. Still will use my Matrix GT1500 poweramp and Atomic passive CLR cabs.
Sounds killer.

You really will re-think preset design and rigs....one patch can be a complete amp now -- clean channel, low-gain, rhythm channel, lead channel -- and 16 drive blocks and 16 delays etc. via channels and scenes. You will pay attention to constructing your effects block library carefully, since blocks can have four channels...

It's kinda hard to wrap my head around the idea of each single preset , possibly becoming a Dream Rig.

There are some very talented amp and effects guys around here , that will have grids FULL , making rigs that will blow your mind.
I can't wait to see what some of them come up with !

I've had to rethink rack size, and routing. The size thing is a bit of a hassle, but the routing possibilities more than make up for that, and open a whole new avenue for adding pedals to my setup that wouldn't work with how I have my AxeII set up.

I'm going to rethink my rack for sure. I've wanted a Matrix GT1000 since they came out.

I'm thinking a 6 space rack with a power conditioner, Axe-Fx 3, and Matrix GT1000 would be a pretty good end game for the next 6 or 7 years.

Redoing my rig? That depends on the new manual and new additions to the pitch block, etc. that have merely been hinted at on the forum.

I for sure will have to make few changes in my 5U so I can keep the same size rack, first get rid of the Korg pitch-black rack tuner to free a 3rd 1U space for the III and the 2nd change will be all of my presets which I’m going to build from scratch.

I’m running the same presets for almost 2 years now with some minor tweaking from time to time (when there is a new FW) but the basic is the same for long time so now with the III its time to start fresh.

Larger rack. I carry the Axe, + 1U patch bay in a 3U Rack w a surge protector in the back.
Other than that, I prefer carrying no power amp and using an active FRFR monitor. Keeps the rack lighter, and in some cases, I don't need to bring my monitor.

Speaking of FRFR, I may upgrade that. I bought the best value for the buck under 500€ and it has been great. It weighs less than 16 kilos (8 lbs.) and it has two inputs XLR/quarter inch w two discrete volumes. ...also has an xlr through. For acoustic shows in a small setting, this is sometimes the full PA - one input for the axe, one for the mic. No mixer.

Does anyone know of a great FRFR speaker like this in the 700-800 € range? Under 16 kilos?

The FX8 got my foot in the door, now i'm getting rid of my amps and pedals for an all FRFR setup through the AxeFXIII. It's a full upgrade year for everything practically but my prophet rev2 and masterbuilt 54 stratocaster. Also plan on routing the prophet through the AxeFX to eliminate the need of a second physical effects rig. Out with the old, in with the new.

Thank you for existing Fractal! :)

I’ve already got two ASM’s but I only ever play through one, the other one stays at home for practice. I’d love to get some kick ass studio monitors like the Adams maybe, then I could run both asms without lugging them around. But I need a new guitar too and the 3 is going to sap a lot of budget. I guess my 2 place rack will have to go! Can’t wait, I’m thinking of getting two of the FC’s, one 12 and one 6.

For anyone who has to consider what to do now that the III takes up more space, i spoke with FURMAN and they have a product AC 215A that is small enough to go inside my SKB rack case behind my Shure wireless systems. Both Shures can be plug into one of AC 215 inputs (adapter needed). Axe III in other. http://www.furmanpower.com/product/15a-two-outlet-power-conditioner-AC-215A. Furman knows about Axe III and was very helpful so feel free to contact them for your situation.

Redoing my rig? That depends on the new manual and new additions to the pitch block, etc. that have merely been hinted at on the forum.

I used a Digitech Drop for a few months with my II, but I decided to just go with a down tuned guitar. I don't know if I would go back to shifting down again even with an improved pitch block.

Sold the Matrix and got a Power Stage 170, just to make space in my 4U rack (III plus patch bay).

I'm loving the Power Stage 170, hoping you are enjoying it as much as I am.

I'm using it with the AX8 currently, but thinking of getting the 700 to use with III. 170 has plenty of headroom (surprising loud!), but I'd like to take advantage of the 700's stereo capability.

No...I’m really happy with my power amp and speaker combo. Just replacing the Axe2xl+ and MFC-101 with the Axe3 and FC-12 and my 4-space rack with a 5-space rack. I’ll probably also add a few new jacks to my rack interface to take advantage of the additional ins and outs in the Axe3.

Hmmmmm......I'm kind of thinking about keeping the MK I and playing through the II and the III at the same time.
I mean, the CLR's have two inputs right? ABY switch and BAM! Might as well see what it sounds like!

Back
Top Bottom