Anyone Else Redoing Entire Rig?

Hmmmmm......I'm kind of thinking about keeping the MK I and playing through the II and the III at the same time.
I mean, the CLR's have two inputs right? ABY switch and BAM! Might as well see what it sounds like!
I've actually done that. Sounds sweet! Try mixing a clean rig and a dirty one. Panned. ;)

I have a few high end power amps and tube preamps so I am curious to see what I will be keeping and what I will be able to finally let go since certain pieces from my gear can be replaced by the AXE FX III.

I recently sold my Mark I just so I wouldn't have anything keeping me from getting the III.

I'm using it with the AX8 currently, but thinking of getting the 700 to use with III. 170 has plenty of headroom (surprising loud!), but I'd like to take advantage of the 700's stereo capability.

If I would have use an AX8 I would run 2 x 170's for stereo, even with the Axe III, I would place them in the bottom back of the rack or in a draw (even better).
I don’t like the 700's form factor, it's not a pedal and not a rack unit so what is it, where do you mount it?
How can you take this on the road? I don’t see myself placing it every gig on a cab or something and start to wire it up again and again every gig.

If I would have use an AX8 I would run 2 x 170's for stereo, even with the Axe III, I would place them in the bottom back of the rack or in a draw (even better).
I don’t like the 700's form factor, it's not a pedal and not a rack unit so what is it, where do you mount it?
How can you take this on the road? I don’t see myself placing it every gig on a cab or something and start to wire it up again and again every gig.

The 700 is a rack unit, it comes with optional mounting brackets. You could actually put it on board (provided you have the real estate). The only thing they got wrong on the 700 is no inputs on the rear, although the mounting brackets have holes for running the inputs.

The 170 is almost cubed in dimension with the controls on top, so to me that would be an awkward rack item. Sure you could use a draw, but to me that's inefficient use of space. I would prefer the single 1U 700 in a rack... but that's IMHO. =:·)

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/v...088_521648261560267_7455016774254198784_n.jpg

I have decided to redo my entire rig when I get the III. I’ve been using EVs for FRFR, but I recently played through one of the Friedman’s and liked it.

I’m thinking III to two Friedman ASC-12s, along with the new foot controller when it becomes available (time to abandon the FCB-1010 when those launch.

This just seems like a natural time to upgrade everything.
Hi...........ive been using two Boss GT-Pros ....in different setups........I check out the axefx..........the only down so far is all the plastic outputs.......this is to be the prominent fx system.........have they all been this way?........I'm used to all metal jacks.........I don't get it.........I can see it in permanent install.........but as a standalone portable........this bothers me.......have anyone had issues, because they had two with cracked outputs.........can you help inform me..........thanks......I see you been here a while......so I reached out......thank you

I’m going to get a shorter/lighter ATA case, now that I don’t need the extra depth for the III. Of course, the foot controller will be changing too. I’ll keep the RCF monitor, though. Wish I had two!

Hi...........ive been using two Boss GT-Pros ....in different setups........I check out the axefx..........the only down so far is all the plastic outputs.......this is to be the prominent fx system.........have they all been this way?........I'm used to all metal jacks.........I don't get it.........I can see it in permanent install.........but as a standalone portable........this bothers me.......have anyone had issues, because they had two with cracked outputs.........can you help inform me..........thanks......I see you been here a while......so I reached out......thank you

most people use a rack panel of some sort. I personally have locking 1/4" and xlr and even locking 7 pin midi.

Back
Top Bottom