Anyone else not getting forum notifications?

Rex

Dignified but Approachable
I haven't received any forum notifications for threads I've subscribed to for the last 24 hours. Anyone else in the same situation?

I had to remove subscribers from a few threads because of a rash of repeatedly bouncing addresses.
Maybe you got caught up in that.

I had to remove subscribers from a few threads because of a rash of repeatedly bouncing addresses.
Maybe you got caught up in that.
Maybe. Can it be fixed, or do I have to figure out what I was subscribed to, and then resubscribe? Or is my address all bouncy, and I can't subscribe? :)

I've received literally zero notices since 7 P.M. yesterday. Other mail is getting through fine.

After spot-checking a few threads, it looks like I'm still subscribed to them. I'm just not getting any notifications.

Update:

Today I discovered that the only emails getting through were from a particular security mailing list I subscribe to. They were making it to my ISP, but not into Outlook. I checked my junk and spam folders and my sorting rules (all two of them) and found nothing. My ISP is stumped. They suggested I set up another account pointing to the same mailbox, this time IMAP instead of POP3. That fixed it, although Outlook's interaction with IMAP is a bit dumbed down compared to POP3. I'm still looking for the real cause of the problem, but at least I have a workaround.

Back
Top Bottom