anyone else learn Bonomassa's "GO TO " lick

Kdog

Inspired
Its in solo of the week. For a couple of months now i've been trying to figure out Joe's grouping with that fast pentatonic run he stole for EJ.

LOL ... Then that solo of the week guy just steps up and Nails it. Like it was yesterday's news. Glad he played it real slow at the end so my little brain could comprehend it....( or little ear)

If you have the Beacon Theatre CD you can clearly here this lick all over the place on that CD....Just about every other song feature this fast kick ass lick... ( that he took from EJ)

Did i mention it sounds like EJ?????

Its still great though. Anyone else master this fast pentatonic run yet? I almost have it up to a class speed.

Not mastered it, by a long shot, but I did break it down a couple of years back... Using some live clips and using Transcribe! to slow them down to about 30% speed.

Joe plays a few variations of that classic lick but Cooper really nailed the core foundations of that lick. Honestly in a blind test I would have difficulty telling if it was JB or CC playing that.

I've been trying for years to get my speed and cleanliness up to par, but still a long way off. The crazy thing is that Joe says himself that he doesn't use his little finger much when playing it. I CANNOT do it without incorporating my little finger in there a lot. I actually didn't notice whether Cooper uses his little finger much in his clip?!?

Back
Top Bottom