Anyone compare that new 2290 pedal to our 2290 delay?

You could try the 2290 plugin for free (for the trial period) and compare them. Because I'm convinced that the pedal isn't too far from the plugin. If it wasn't the same algorithm I'd be surprised. It's a beautiful pedal though, admittedly, and well implemented.

For me, I use Fractal's 2290 and the plugin interchangeably and both are good. I don't prefer one over the other and think that Fractal have done a superb job. If anything, I sometimes find that I gravitate toward the Fractal 2290 more as with everything within the Axe FX, everything feels as one, as if it's all one big blended sound, as opposed to separate components competing. It's hard to describe that, but that's how I feel, so...

The Fractal 2290 is pretty much bang on with the hardware. The 2290 pedal sounds really good and recreates the overall user experience of the rack reasonably well. The only thing it does that we can't do within the delay block itself is the "reverse ducker" or gated style delay.

Cliff probably already has someone 'holding his beer'...
... shouting "how the f#$% could I miss the reverse ducker!"
but seriously, the 2290 is such a hifi sounding unit that it's really no problem for the Axe to sound the same. much different to old Korg, Roland or Lexicon delays where their preamps really make much of the signature sound...

Back
Top Bottom