Anyone able to shoot some Leslie Cabinet IRs?

Ant Music

Fractal Fanatic
Hi guys. I was just wondering if there was anyone that has access to a Leslie Rotating cabinet that they could shoot some static (non rotating) IR's of. I would like to see how this might improve the tone when using the Rotary Block. I don't have access to a Leslie Cabinet but it could be an interesting experiment. I'd even be willing to chuck some bucks at someone willing to give it a shot.

Let me know what you guys think.

Oh wow, That's a starting point. Cool. From what I understand it is relatively easy to set up. I personally have zero experience in doing it myself but as far as I know it is all in the manual. Anyone want to weigh in on some tips?

A Mic, and more or less coloreless Amp (any PA Amp) and a mic preamp is needed for MIC only IR shoot with the axe-fx:

A Mic, DI Box , Mic Pre and any Amp is needed for a MIC+DI shoot with the axe-fx:

Note, that you do not need the Cab-Lab "remote" for shooting. You can do it just with the hardware also: take a look here:
http://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/manuals/axe-fx-2/Axe-Fx-II-ir-capture.pdf

Would be perhaps indeed really interesting "experiment" :)

Shooting IRs directly with the Axe-Fx is really easy!!!! So, if you have the gear: Do it! And try different mic positions or mics (if you have) ... !!!

A Mic, and more or less coloreless Amp (any PA Amp) and a mic preamp is needed for MIC only IR shoot with the axe-fx:

A Mic, DI Box , Mic Pre and any Amp is needed for a MIC+DI shoot with the axe-fx:

Note, that you do not need the Cab-Lab "remote" for shooting. You can do it just with the hardware also: take a look here:
http://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/manuals/axe-fx-2/Axe-Fx-II-ir-capture.pdf

Would be perhaps indeed really interesting "experiment" :)

Shooting IRs directly with the Axe-Fx is really easy!!!! So, if you have the gear: Do it! And try different mic positions or mics (if you have) ... !!!

Thanks for sharing. I wish I had a leslie cabinet. If I did I'd just do it myself and see how it sounds.

Back
Top Bottom