anybody uses the Boss FS-5U for tap tempo?

No, using the FS6 but with one switch set to latching and the other to momentary. Using it for tap tempo and works fine. What's the question?
When assigning a controller to tap tempo (I did it in global) be sure to select the right mode for the controller (latching oder momentary).

I use the FS-5U plugged into pedal 2 input on the back of my Ultra, and it works fine for tap tempo.

What do you need to know?

I use this right now for drive on/off. It's really all I need for pedals on a regular basis. I've owned the MIDIMate (three separate times) but didn't really need all the pedals like I thought I would. Even in my cover band when I have the *option* to use lots of effects, I find it's easier to just use drive for leads and not worry so much about effects.

Anyway, it's an awesome little pedal. Doesn't require power (huge in my book) and is built like a tank. You can assign it to just about anything, of course.

How did you get the FS6 to work? I'm using a TRS cable and I can get 1 side to work, but not the other.

This thread is about the FS-5U, not the FS6. I'm not sure about using that one, but I'd be interested as well if you figure it out. Two pedals!

How did you get the FS6 to work? I'm using a TRS cable and I can get 1 side to work, but not the other.

cable splitter. Y cable trs one side, 2 mono the other.

I've used both the fs6 and fs5, they both work fine for tap tempo.

cable splitter. Y cable trs one side, 2 mono the other.

I've used both the fs6 and fs5, they both work fine for tap tempo.

I apologize to OP for not talking about FS-5. Can I assume from your post that using a straight stereo cable won't work for the FS-6? I thought that's what the middle stereo jack on the FS-6 was for.

I apologize to OP for not talking about FS-5. Can I assume from your post that using a straight stereo cable won't work for the FS-6? I thought that's what the middle stereo jack on the FS-6 was for.

stereo from the fs6, mono to the axefx pedal inputs

Back
Top Bottom