Anybody power a Shure PSM300 with anything other than the stock power supply?

Rob13

I’m trying to set up my pedalboard to be my all-in-one, gig-ready solution. So far, AX8, Line6 wireless (g30), PolyTune Mini (which I many not keep on-board), and, hopefully, my Shure PSM300 transmitter. I was hoping to use a TheGigRig Generator/Distributor/El Paso to power the Shure, but so far, no go - the Shure won’t power up.

A bit more detail, the Shure is 12-15v center pin positive. The Generator provides up to 5A, the Distributor/El Paso combo should provide enough juice & converts the center pin neg to center pin pos.

Any insight available?

Thanks in advance.

I power mine with either a voodoo pedal power or a coiks depending on which board Im using at the time. You need to run at least 400mma at 12v. With the voodoo I just a change one of the dip switch settings from 9 to 12v. With the coiks I run a 2 into 1 adapter and use 2 9v spots. \m/

Contact Shure and/or The GigRig. They both have great support.

Yes, I agree, they do. However TheGigRig were the folks that said the El Paso could power it. Shure isn’t interested in telling me some 3rd party manufacturer can replace their OEM power supply. Maybe I need to add a voltage doubler (or their SupaNova) to get the power up?

The voltage seems fine - the original adapter is 12v 400mA. Have you tried a multimeter to double check the current, voltage, and that the center/tip from El Paso is indeed positive?

I’ve powered a Shure GLX (which uses a higher voltage and higher current brick) with a simple One Spot. Something seems amiss.

It sure does, and it’s the last bit I need to have the board ready for just about anything. Thanks for the assist!

I tried the gig rig set up and could never figure why it wouldn't power some of my pedals so I just gave up and went back to the power sources I knew worked. And they take up less room under the boards. If you figure it out I'd like to know.

Well, I think I figured out the problem. The El Paso has a 300ma current limit (continuous). So, that’s that. Off to find another solution.

I use a fuel tank classic to power my Shure slx wireless receiver. I had to modify the included cable to reverse the polarity.
The fuel tank also powers a Digitech drop, boss tuner, a/b switch (led only) and morning Star mc6.
Fantastic unit and has been solid for years.

*Edit it has up to 500ma for 12vdc, 500ma for 12vac and another 500ma for 9v - for comparison to above mentioned unit

Back
Top Bottom