Anybody own/use a Line 6 G55 wireless?

claxor

Power User
The Line 6 G55 wireless looks like a good solution as a half rack unit wireless, but I'm concerned about the antennas being in the back of the unit, thus inside the rack. Do any of you foresee/experience a problem rackmounting this device with the antennas in the rear and not visible?

Thanks!

Hey Claxor - I got the G55 because it was a half unit, same specs as the full rack G90. I haven't had any problem at all with the antenna at the back of the unit - originally I was debating buying some BNC Connector cables to front mount the antenna, but I never bothered, and as it's worked so well, it's been fine!

The Line 6 G55 wireless looks like a good solution as a half rack unit wireless, but I'm concerned about the antennas being in the back of the unit, thus inside the rack. Do any of you foresee/experience a problem rackmounting this device with the antennas in the rear and not visible?

Thanks!
I spent the extra $$ and went with the G90 as the antenna's are on the FRONT !!
But.. back then the G55 didn't exist, and I'm guessing the G55 was introduced to bridge the gap between the "desktop" G50 and the full rack space G90. Both guitar players in my current band both use G50's, attached to their pedal boards.

You can always buy the "G55/V55 Rackmount Kit"... it comes with cables and connectors so you can mount the antennas on the front part of the rack panel..

Back
Top Bottom